Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Might want to move out of apartment...

Options
  • 20-01-2008 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just a quick question, myself and my boyfriend moved into a one bedroom apartment in October. It's costing us €1000 per month.

My Aunts partner has a two bedroom apartment, but he is moving in with my aunt soon. So they have offered to rent us the apartment for €600 a month. Which will save us a lot of money. We're seriously thinking of taking them up on the offer.

If we give the landlord one months notice, will we lose our deposit?

Thanks,
    Adrieanne.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

you should be but some leases can differ. Just remember that even if you don't get the deposit back you'll have saved the equivalent amount in 2.5 months after moving!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What does the lease say? A months notice is reasonable and in line with the Residential Tenancies Act. If you have signed a lease, for say a year (have you signed a lease), you should be able to transfer the lease to someone else.

Deposits are mostly there to guard against damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Signed the lease but never recieved it back off the letting agent (he was getting the landlords signature on it). Trying to chase it now.

Advertisement