Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL: Conference Finals

• 20-01-2008 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭

Only a couple weeks away from the Superbowl and tonight we find out who is going to be there. I don't have any strong fancies on any particular game result or handicap but i am having a few small bets on the two games. Could be better odds out there if you look.

Chargers at Patriots

1st half handicap - Patriots(-3.5) 1/1 BET365

To score a touchdown - Wes Welker 5/6 PADDYPOWER

Chargers to win - 7/1 PINNACLE (very small bet on this one!)

First scoring play - 11/10 Patriots touchdown SPORTINGBET

Giants at Packers

To score a touchdown - Plaxico Burress 1/1 BET365

To score a touchdown - Brett Favre 11/1 BET365

Anyone have any bets on for the games?

EDIT: For those who can't even contemplate the Patriots not being in the superbowl this year Ladbrokes have a bet for you. 5/4 that the Pats win the toss in the superbowl. 5/4 on a coin toss!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

giants +7.5 are 1.97 on BF, might take a bit of that....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Also Over 47.5 points in the first game @ 1.98

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

1st TD scorer - Donte Stallworth @ 25/1

Under 47 points @ 2.16

1st TD scorer - Donte Stallworth @ 25/1

Under 47 points @ 2.16

Looking forward to these games, i'll miss them when the SB is over.

will be tough getting up tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭Paddy Irishman

Originally posted by dsmythy
    For those who can't even contemplate the Patriots not being in the superbowl this year Ladbrokes have a bet for you. 5/4 that the Pats win the toss in the superbowl. 5/4 on a coin toss!

Not as good as looks. The double should pay 2.29 (Ladbrokes 1/7 on a New England win multiplied by Evens on the coin toss). By offering 5/4 against the Patriots winning the Superbowl toss it equates to odds of 1.96 on the actual coin toss itself. A cunning piece of marketing by those shrewd chaps at Ladbrokes me thinks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭corkfella

had 20 on pats -7.5 on bf at 4/9.... the under -40.5 points on ny at green bay might be worth a look at evens on bf as the conditions are meant to be terrible there today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Not as good as looks. The double should pay 2.29 (Ladbrokes 1/7 on a New England win multiplied by Evens on the coin toss). By offering 5/4 against the Patriots winning the Superbowl toss it equates to odds of 1.96 on the actual coin toss itself. A cunning piece of marketing by those shrewd chaps at Ladbrokes me thinks!

I see what you mean. I was talking about if anyone loved the Pats a hell of a lot and put them down as a 1/10 shot then it would be for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Just looking at aertel there and Celtic Bookmakers claim to have 5/1 about the Giants beating the Pats in the Superbowl. Nobody else in Ireland or Britain has that price right now that i know of. I know the Superbowl is still a bit away but you'd have to take a long look at that. I'm presuming of course that the 5/1 is still around when people come looking to put on Superbowl bets.

Advertisement