Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

science-physiology

Options
  • 20-01-2008 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

just wondering about this, are they planning to get rid of this degree as part of omnibus because it doesnt feature herehttps://myucd.ucd.ie/program.do?programID=71 (shudder, my ucd)and in most of the modules it feels as if its a kind of thrown toghether degree, mind you I havent that much ex[erience of it
    just seems as if Im within a load of physios and meds and now that its not being featured here
    and the fact that its based in health sciences although entry exists through science kinda seems weird, basically after a long winded explanation
    are they planning on eventually phasing it out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

woop wrote: »
    .... it just seems as if Im within a load of physios and meds....

You're a chick, right? I bet you're a chick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

You're a chick, right? I bet you're a chick!

hahahahah, wrong:p

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

nope not a chick .............ah I dunno they are all first yr physio's.............feel out of place but point taken and no complaints on that front
    just that not a lot of other science students are in the classes

anybody know about this?
    P-nut get youre ass into college!

woop wrote: »
    nope not a chick .............ah I dunno they are all first yr physio's.............feel out of place but point taken and no complaints on that front
    just that not a lot of other science students are in the classes

anybody know about this?
    P-nut get youre ass into college!

don't worry i'll be in tomorrow:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

This is the final year of the physiology degree apparently. Not enough interest or something.

• Advertisement

This is the final year of the physiology degree apparently. Not enough interest or something.

thats odd, seems everyone is going for it this year

Well it's definately being discontinued, a mate of mine in science told m cause he'd been offered it before.

aha! thanks Stepherunie

now is that a good thing or a bad thing for a physiology student..............
    less people with youre degree-more jobs
    or
    no longer a degree-less recognition

yeh its one of the degree options that is always full in 2nd yr and hard enough to get into, so I dont understand why really
    Id say its just a headache for the new system and they just said its easier to scrap it, anybody with anymore info., much appreciated yada yada

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i have no idea what's going on here...so basically woop is doing physio??or science?

from what i know nursing/meds/physio are health-care based courses?while we science students are purely focus on science aspects?*that's why we do classes on different building!*

OT:
    any chance p-nut on the bus from ashbourne to campus today?!!:)if ya saw 2 guys on the bus,PM me!guess which one is me!:)

seraphimvc wrote: »
    i have no idea what's going on here...so basically woop is doing physio??or science?

from what i know nursing/meds/physio are health-care based courses?while we science students are purely focus on science aspects?*that's why we do classes on different building!*

OT:
    any chance p-nut on the bus from ashbourne to campus today?!!:)if ya saw 2 guys on the bus,PM me!guess which one is me!:)

woop is in our year in science, and he lives in bray so ye defo didn't see him :p

and i dont get the bus either, i drive in every mornin, so ye didn't see me either haha:D

• Advertisement

p-nut wrote: »
    woop is in our year in science, and he lives in bray so ye defo didn't see him :p

and i dont get the bus either, i drive in every mornin, so ye didn't see me either haha:D

wops...i thought i can have a new bus buddy this year :pgetting my car soon too,only that godlike car test can comes sooner...

woop is in our yr then...hmm...interesting.i mean taking that much physio+ meds subjects.

strangely i am not urge to meet you guys that much!i am waiting when we run into each other randomly:p like last time met a boardie who on the forum sat beside me

well its not really that much just one or two actually two this semester- the subjects that you are required to do for physiology which you do from general science(dn008) not physiotherapy but these lecture happen to have meds+physios aswell actually

my cores are pharm and bioc...............just doing the physiology modules for the laugh!:)

yup wasnt me.................I cant remember being on the bus from ucd to ashbourne
    yeh its funny the amount of randomn people on boards, me and p-nut are going to have fun trying to guess who you are

lol i am pretty easy to spot i say...ha!

my core is pharm too,doing bioc this semester!

anyone found that bmol20 is really weird?last time they was on DNA,and this semester is on immune system?!bioc20 is more like from bmol10,dna->protein-enzyme...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭CrazyPolly

It is being discontinued but that's not why. Heard straight from Bund himself that it's because there aren't enough physiology lecturers left. Apparently they've gone from something like 12 physiology lecturers to 5 in the last couple of years while the number of students studying it has risen from 15 to 80 or something mad like that. So all the lecturers agreed that it was better to end it so apparently they can concentrate more on the new courses....like Biomed for example!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

That's a pity. Stuart is a hero.

seraphimvc wrote: »
    wops...i thought i can have a new bus buddy this year :pgetting my car soon too,only that godlike car test can comes sooner...

woop is in our yr then...hmm...interesting.i mean taking that much physio+ meds subjects.

strangely i am not urge to meet you guys that much!i am waiting when we run into each other randomly:p like last time met a boardie who on the forum sat beside me

well yer welcome to a lift over, if ye can get to ashbourne to call to me:D

yeah, now you have me curious....

That's a pity. Stuart is a hero.

this is true Id mention a story if only I was sure the people involved werent on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

I've only ever heard good things about him as a lecturer. To be honest pretty much every phsyiology and pharmacology lecture I ever had were exceptionally good and very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭CrazyPolly

Without a doubt an absolute legend. An amazing lecturer and an awesome chap in general. I'm pretty sure he got lecturer of the year in the health science faculty last year. Well deserved.....

Moynihan is also a legend - that man - I love his old school floppies and blackboard work.

• Advertisement

Moynihan is also a legend - that man - I love his old school floppies and blackboard work.

hah yeh had him for only 2 lectures so far, but hes still got it, probably the most clearly taught part of the course

I sometimes think that blackboard(the internet one) is a mixed blessing, and that some lecturers rely on the projector too much perhaps through a lack of ability,but some seem to find it hard to get their point accross , I mean look at this chap
    To be honest pretty much every phsyiology and pharmacology lecture I ever had were exceptionally good and very helpful.
    Ive found this also

Advertisement