Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League Squad Numbers

• 20-01-2008 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Question a mate of mine asked yesterday and we couldn't come up with an answer to it. Is it obligatory for English Premier League clubs to use the squad numbering system? While we could understand the whole marketing thing with it we didn't know whether or not it would be permissible for a club to go back to using 1-11. Anyone know for sure??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

Rules are all teams have to wear squad numbers and names on the back of their Jersey's.

Man U negoatiated with the premiership to wear 1 to 11 against Man City in Feb, for the anniversay of the Munich air crash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Question a mate of mine asked yesterday and we couldn't come up with an answer to it. Is it obligatory for English Premier League clubs to use the squad numbering system? While we could understand the whole marketing thing with it we didn't know whether or not it would be permissible for a club to go back to using 1-11. Anyone know for sure??

Each team has to maintian a squad list - players not on the list are not permited to play. Not sure why, as you can add whoever you want to the list whenever you want during the course of a season, as far as I know.

I think United could play a pretty good starting line-up based on 1-11 though, I think.

van der Saar, Neville, Evra, Rio Brown, Giggs, Harvgreaves, Anderson, Ronaldo, Rooney, Saha.

Advertisement