Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair extensions gone wrong

• 20-01-2008 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

I went into Dublin yesterday to get clip-in hair extensions. I got them from a hair extensions shop in Moore St Mall. The girls there helped me pick out the colour (an exact match), the hair was 100% human, lovely and soft, the girls stitched in the clips for me and everything. Cost €80 overall. Not bad considering the Jessica Simpson branded ones are €100 and they are like My Little Pony hair.

Anyway I get the extensions home and I'm all disappointed. My hair is heavily layered at the back, (the shortest bits are only bob length) and the extensions did not blend with it at all. The only way I could get them to sit together was to put on the extensions so they sat on top of most of the layers.

This morning I cut some layers myself into the extensions and it looks a good bit better but in order to make them blend, I have to wear the top row of extensions really high up on my head. How do I make them blend in better? Would a regular hairdresser be able to cut some layers into them?

I only have 4 strips of hair to work with, maybe I just don't have enough hair? I have seen girls with short bobs able to wear clip-in extensions and they look great! I was hoping after buying these I would be able to cut my hair into a shag style so it would be easy to wash, and then I could just stickk in the extensions and no one would know the difference!

Advertisement