Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

APT Heating Timer GONE`

Options
  • 20-01-2008 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I've been in my new house over a year and the timer function on this has died. Wondering where in the midlands I can get a replacement? It's not something ive ever seen in the shops I visit.

Quite disappointed that this would go. I thought analogue timer would last forever! I am thinking of going digital. I'm not an electrician but would it be easy enough to install i.e. like a plug socket with a few more cables?

is there any irish / uk online retailer that sells these at decent prices. I don't know what they retail for

Thanks
    X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭secman

You can get these in most electrical wholesale shops, such as T. O'Reilly etc.
    There have been previous posts about these APT time clocks and from memory a lot of them packed in around the same time, I was one of them. Just replaced it and hope this batch is better !

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

"Flash" timers will work as an exact replacement for APT in use and functionality, but at only €19+VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Andrea B. wrote: »
    "Flash" timers will work as an exact replacement for APT in use and functionality, but at only €19+VAT.

Doh bought a replacement APT for 40 yoyos. But nice and easy to fit because it was exactly the same. Hopefully this one will last longer than a year and a bit!

Thanks,
    X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 carnut2008

I also live in the Midlands and my heating timer which is also an APT is gone too...... coincidence I think not!!!. have bought a Flash timer but its not the same layout as the APT so easier if I got my hands on a direct replacement. Where did you get the new timer?

Cheers.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭betonit

apologies for digging this old thread up ...

I had 3 apt timers installed for the different zones just 2 years ago. The 3rd one went this weekend. I replaced the other 2 with apt timers for like for like reasons and so i couls just put it in the same way the others went in. But I want to use a different one as the 3rd replacement. (i havent a clue by the way).

Is it possibel to get any timer and replace the apt with it or would that be recommended. Does anyyone know what timer would be best to replace the apt with?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Andrea B. wrote: »

I have a few of these combined timers/stats from Flash and they are great

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭betonit

Thanks Lex thats exactly what i wanted to know,.. working combined

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mickp

Hi,

Just got one of the single socket APT timers today In McKennas on Aston Quay, for just under 40 euro, as I couldn't fit any of the double digital ones. Easy to rewire then. :)

Advertisement