Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle Dargan Hotel

• 20-01-2008 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hi Sligo Boardsies!

I'm going to a wedding in the Castle Dargan during the summer. According to their website they are booked out for the date I need.

Could anybody recommend another hotel or b&b nearby?

Also, what is the taxi situation like? I understand the Castle Dargan to be a few miles out of the town.

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Castle Dargan is around 10km out of the town , the nearest to it would probably be Markree Castle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Markree is great. +1
    But also in Ballintogher which is close too.
    http://www.kingsfortcountryhouse.com/ie/thehouse.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

The Sligo Park would be the closest (in town) hotel to Castle Dargon:
    http://www.sligoparkhotel.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

might be stating the obvious, but if you stay anywhere other than hte hotel itself you should arrange your taxi well in advance. Its really difficult to get a taxi out to there late at night..

The hotel itself and whichever place you decide to opt for accomodation should have a listings of taxis I would have thought. Those roads wouldnt be the type you would flag a cab on or walk on come to think of it.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

July wrote: »
    Hi Sligo Boardsies!

I'm going to a wedding in the Castle Dargan during the summer. According to their website they are booked out for the date I need.

Could anybody recommend another hotel or b&b nearby?

Also, what is the taxi situation like? I understand the Castle Dargan to be a few miles out of the town.

J

Give them a buzz, they have self catering apartments and houses that should enable you to stay on site with the wedding crowd and the residents bar;)

They are probably not listed on their web search engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Yes, they also have houses on the estate as well, some owned privately, some available for rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭July

Culchie wrote: »
    Give them a buzz, they have self catering apartments and houses that should enable you to stay on site with the wedding crowd and the residents bar;)

They are probably not listed on their web search engine.

Thanks a million for the advice. We got a two-bed apartment across the courtyard (mind you) for I think 130 per room bed and breakfast. It wasn't listed on the website as being available.

We will have all our stuff nearby during the wedding (ghds and the likes!), somewhere for a few minutes breather if necessary, no taxis and best of all residents' bar :D

Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Sligo Boardsies do it again! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

July wrote: »
    Thanks a million for the advice. We got a two-bed apartment across the courtyard (mind you) for I think 130 per room bed and breakfast. It wasn't listed on the website as being available.

We will have all our stuff nearby during the wedding (ghds and the likes!), somewhere for a few minutes breather if necessary, no taxis and best of all residents' bar :D

Thanks again.

Don't forget your room number or who's name it was booked under, then go wandering off at 3am .. it can be a LONG wait till someone comes down to check out. I speak from ( a very bad) experience!

Don't forget your room number or who's name it was booked under, then go wandering off at 3am .. it can be a LONG wait till someone comes down to check out. I speak from ( a very bad) experience!

If that happens, they can log on and PM the Sligo boardsies, we might have a solution even then;)

I'll do till 4am Culchie, your on then. Being a Sligo Boardsie is exhausting.

P.S. I'll leave the Thermos behind the big tree on the left.

Culchie wrote: »
    If that happens, they can log on and PM the Sligo boardsies, we might have a solution even then;)
    Ah jeepers lads, can we not let them sweat it out, twill wait til the morning. ;) The quality of the solutions mightnt be so good at 4am. The language might'nt be so good as well especially if it just someone pming to see whether you're a stones fan or beatles? :eek::mad::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭il gatto

sueme wrote: »
    I'll do till 4am Culchie, your on then. Being a Sligo Boardsie is exhausting.

P.S. I'll leave the Thermos behind the big tree on the left.

That sounds kinda like stalking.....doesn't it?:D

il gatto wrote: »
    That sounds kinda like stalking.....doesn't it?:D

You posted at 5.38am..

You were there wern't you?! STALKER! :D

sueme wrote: »
    You posted at 5.38am..

You were there wern't you?! STALKER! :D
    Thought some of the ham sandwiches were gone and flask moved. Doh!:o

Advertisement