Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New gfx card low profile

Options
  • 20-01-2008 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

I'm looking to upgrade my gfx card at the moment i have an x1300 pci-e. Which it would seem isn't up to a whole lot.
    Problem is i need a low profile one.I know this limits my options an awful lot.So im looking for an idea of some of the best that i can use. I also would prefer an nvidia one, as the ati drivers can be a bit funny with vista and media center.

thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

8800GT is fairly low profile too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

But it's not low profile...

Good find Nordic. I didn't realise there was a LP 8600GT....not a bad choice at all, big improvement over the best one previously available, the 8400GS...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

isnt there a 2400 LP too ? Cant seem to find one atm though.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭the magician

thanks for that looks pretty good, Would it be sufficient to run crysis?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Not really. Crysis is unique against most games in that it's the definite eye candy game. Playing it at low resolution and settings just isn't worth it. You need at least a HD3850/8800GT to play Crysis at any sort of worthwhile level in my opinion.

But to answer your question, more then sufficient to actually run Crysis.

Advertisement