Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pubs-quiet

Options
  • 20-01-2008 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Is there any pubs left around the town where a female can go in around 4 or 5 in the afternoon and read a paper with her pint without being deafened by loud music or Sky Sports or other t.v..Hotels are that bit quieter but far more expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

Tom Collins on Roches Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

OwenM wrote: »
    Tom Collins on Roches Street.

Is that not on Cecil St? You could also try the White House, corner of O'Connell St & Glenworth St.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Riddlers Sarsfield Street, The locke, Mickey Martins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

dollyclare wrote: »
    Is there any pubs left around the town where a female can go in around 4 or 5 in the afternoon and read a paper with her pint without being deafened by loud music or Sky Sports or other t.v..Hotels are that bit quieter but far more expensive.

I agrre with the hotels, the Hilton is very nice and very quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Placid Casual

buy a paper and read it at home!
    Having a quiet solo pint with your paper in the afternoon is a male preserve!
    What next! u will want to pee standing up!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

buy a paper and read it at home!
    Having a quiet solo pint with your paper in the afternoon is a male preserve!
    What next! u will want to pee standing up!:mad:

Dude step into the new Century ;) I know loads of people both male and female that enjoy a good pint the paper and on occaision even a toastie:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭dollyclare

thanks folks.I hope I've started a big debate here between guys and gals!!!!
    full marks to Tom Collins-nice peace and quiet plus pint(s) +paper(s)reasonable price.
    Will proceed to others soon.
    Sláinte

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

defintly try the white house on o connell st

its a nice really quite pub

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i was going to suggest Tom collins too, havent been there in a while, but its known for exactly what you described, I used to work there. If your pint is the black stuff, ask to try the various combinations, its an art form in there.

Advertisement