Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feral Cats

• 20-01-2008 9:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭

There is a good few wild cats that hang around the back area of the apartment block I am in. Now most of them are fine and look to be well fed and even becoming a little tame but there is one cat that is in pretty bad shape, It looks to have really bad mange / some skin issue that is making its skin sore and fur fall off. Is there any group I can call to help it out? as I can't have pets in our apartment and really don't know what to do with it.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

bring it to a vet,
    many vets wont charge for strays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Can you get some food to it or if i got you a trap could you see if you could trap it then i can drop over and bring it into work, get one of the vets to look at it?

Do you know if they are breeding, cuz can get some of them spayed or neutered.. stopping there being anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

They are breeding and they are being fed by one of the other tennants in the block every now and then, Trapping it would be pretty easy except you could end up with about 10 cats in the trap heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Bainne2

No you couldn't end up with 10 cats in a trap ;) the traps close after one cat triggers it. This colony will only get bigger if they are not spayed and neutered.

It is best to TNR - Trap Neuter Return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

I'm dealing with a massive colony in Dun Laoghaire at the moment. If someone doesn't TNR, you're going to have a big problem on your hands. It's best to talk to the other owners & try to nip it in the bud now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement