Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread,Boardeaux V Trinity Biotech, Tuesday Jan 22nd, 22.00, Three Rock.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

i'd rather be keegan than Stan!

We arrive tonight and play 3-2-5 now that would be a keegan special!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

12 people now.

I think Dazza said he was on hols, but I can't remember.

Karl usually just turns up anyway.

And I don't know if Fran is alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Fook, we look lightweight.

Martin, I don't like speculation like that in the forum.

Hope you don't mind me editing the post....cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

Des, give Conn a shout. He's really good at football.

• Advertisement

WeAreShels wrote: »
    Des, give Conn a shout. He's really good at football.
    :D:D:D

Er....

Lepo just flunked out.

He has a severe case of leprosy.

ffs, thats a joke. could still win the league. Des, any chance of bunking a lift off whoever you're going with? ill walk to wherever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

We look a bit iffy on d'aul numbers alright.:confused:

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    ffs, thats a joke. could still win the league. Des, any chance of bunking a lift off whoever you're going with? ill walk to wherever
    Nope, not for that Midfield suggestion. Yes I seen it :eek:

• Advertisement

Ah, just seen Joe is back. Atleast we can change things round upfront

Savman wrote: »
    Nope, not for that Midfield suggestion. Yes I seen it :eek:

With the exams I havent been near the gym in 3 weeks so I can hardly play there. who else is there? Dave maybe

Ah I don't mind, but I'm sure the big man has a plan.

heh

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WeAreShels

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    With the exams I havent been near the gym in 3 weeks so I can hardly play there. who else is there? Dave maybe

Play where? Centre mid? I wanna see what you posted :D

Carl - Will be there

Martin - Will be there
    Darran -
    Ed - will be there
    Lepo - sick
    Michael -Will be there
    Geoff - Will be there
    Simon - Exams
    Cathal - Will be there

Dan - will be there
    Shay - Work
    Colm Larkin - injured
    Gav - Holidays
    Larry - Work
    Dave - Will be there
    Darragh - Exams
    Kenny - Sick

Sav - will be there
    Joe - will be there
    Jules – Won't be there
    Art - Yep
    Fran - Couldn't be there

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

we were 2-0 down and then 3-1 down, so suppose it was a good result. We scored an OG in the first 5 minutes and conceded a sloppy second 2 minutes later. Dave got one back.

we were asleep again at the start of the 2nd half and conceded another OG. Sav got one back from a penalty and then Dan knocked in Arts corner to level. we deserved the draw.

disappointing that we only had the bare 11, but cheers to declan and ronan who helped us out. missing Simon, Lepo, Kenny, Gav, Lorry, Jules from the team that started last week and I was injured and had to play until the 2 boys came late.

****ing sick after that lads. Rubbish ****ing team we should be beating by 2 or 3 goals. Sick we've thrown a chance at the league away. Fair play to the two lads who came out for us tonight. But 11 turning up when we've got a chance to win the bloody thing. Some people need to be questioning their commitment to the team come the summer league. It's not on at all.

Also, apologies to anyone who felt I gave them a hard time tonight. Frustration got the better of me

OK lads, that was a point gained.

We won't win the league now, but we'll give the rest of the games a good rattle, on that showing.

That team have drawn against Dunbar and SS Rovers too so to get the draw tonight, with the depleted squad, was decent. We dug deep for it, and certainly deserved it. I hate talking about "luck", but with a it more of it, and we might have taken 3 points.

Ed's injury was a killer, and the defence never got started until we could make the changes, and we are used to having at least three or four lads on the bench too.

Nice to see the spirit in the team is still going strong, we just don't give up. After that kick up the arse we got off SS Rovers in November, we don't know when we're beaten. Fair play to everyone for that.

In fairness I think we have to acknowledge that team were no walkovers like perhaps some of us were expecting. They got ahead thru a very fortunate OG from their point of view, but other than that you cannot really say we deserved anything other than the point. We were absolutely rubbish until 20mins from the end. Still though, most of the players out there were doing their best and with such an under strength side we really struggled to compete.

I defo thought we were guilty of over elaboration, fellas trying to take on 3 men and losing the ball etc etc. All I can say is get rid of that habit quick. The communication tonight was utter crap, it was like nobody ever met the fella they were playing alongside, on many occasions we had 2 of our own guys trying to take the ball off each other because neither put out a commanding shout, very very poor from us.

We will not win the league, at least that's out of the way, but now we have a real fight to even catch 3rd. On paper that might look like 2pts dropped, but anyone involved or watching will know it was a point gained because we had to bloody rescue it right at the death.

Draw a fair result, fantastic comeback from 3-1 down when we looked dead and buried.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Fair play to the 11 that showed up for battling for a result. and fair play Ed for getting the 2 mates to bolster the numbers. To be missing 5 or 6 regular starters was always going to lead to things like the lack of communication Sav mentioned and the frustration sounds understandable if it seems we would beat them with our best team out. Struggling 2 down with a player carrying an injury sounds like it could've led to heads dropping and floodgates opening and its speaks volumes for the battling spirit that yous turned it around.

I can only speak for myself and say I'd be there if there was any way I could be (e.g. giving up a free night out in Rome to make the Trinity rematch), but when you look at it we have a total of 11 players who weren't there tonight and that's at least a very unfortunate set of circumstances.

Given Dunbar's 5-0 whupping of IBM tonight and that SS Rovers have 6 more points in the bag against Eddie Rockets coming up, catching the teams above us will be very difficult now. That said, we still have an opportunity of finishing the season with 11 games in a row unbeaten, so fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭golfsocietyirel

ref was pretty good aswell!!

You one of Ed's mates? Ref was pretty poor alright. Well inconsistent more than anything. He's a good friend of mine although he says I'm not allowed call him a ****er or tell him to **** off anymore :(

i think that either

a - the poster is the ref

or

b - he is acutally serious like.

poster is the ref!

Looking for a game Ref? :D

only play with footballers... so no thanks!! lol... only kidding!! enjoyed the game though.

poster is the ref!
    <
    :eek: I don't believe it :D
    only play with footballers... so no thanks!! lol... only kidding!! enjoyed the game though.
    So now that you're here, you can do us a few favours in other matches you ref in.

We need Fred West Ham, Dunbar and SS Rovers to drop a few points ;);)

rolex.jpg

Lads, looks like we'll be needing to collect a few extra quid, I've a Rolex to buy.

:D:D

enjoyed the game though.

glad somebody did:D. give us a few frees the next night ya!!?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

DesF wrote: »
    <
    :eek: I don't believe it :D

So now that you're here, you can do us a few favours in other matches you ref in.

We need Fred West Ham and SS Rovers to drop a few points ;);)

FYP for you

we've the ref sown up lads ;)

• Advertisement

haha, quality. No way was that a foul throw ref :D

Advertisement