Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a home network how-to

Options
  • 20-01-2008 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

ok, checked the faq and some of the links are either dead or outdated or didnt suit my situation:

my desktop is connected to the net via ethernet to the bt voyager 2110 wireless router/hub

my wifes laptop connects to said router via wireless. i'd like to share files between the two using this router. (sharing music etc) the desktop runs xp, the laptop vista. i'm kinda tech savvy so i had a go at trying this myself, but even though i thought i did everything right they still couldnt see each other. the wizards didnt help and neither did google (if i just knew the correct way to phrase my question google probably would work) so if anyone knows of a suitable online how-to that could help me i'd love them forever!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

I started writing a tutorial for this over the weekend...I'll try and finish it off during the week if I've got the time and can work up the motivation and I'll post it up when it's finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

thanks a million!

Advertisement