Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dell Laptop Issues

Options
  • 20-01-2008 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi..

I bought a new Dell Inspiron Laptop 2 weeks ago for a friend, set it up installed configured etc. The second day its booted up and after 5 mins I get a black screen, telling me to contact my hardware supplier :eek:. Restart it same story all night. This has happened frequently since.

So logged call with Dell, get an email from them saying "they will do everything possible to resolve the issue". So thats a week ago and emails are going back and forward asking me to do different tests etc. which I done. Then get an email on Friday asking me to follow the instructions below to remove a) the memory b) the hard disk and c) the optical drive. I know a fair bit about pc's but cmon a new laptop and asking me do all this does not make sense. Mailed them back with the event log and told them I am not prepared to do it. Now have an email asking me to give them a time to call me between 10-7 Mon - Fri so they can access the laptop remotely.
    I firmly believe that this is a Hardware error (it says it everytime it happens). Also I dont have time for this crap, there is Collect and retuen warranty on the laptop.... where do I go from here?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

What I have done previously when I know what's wrong with a Dell computer is just tell them that I've already done everything they ask me to do, and they get to tick they're little boxes in whatever software they're using and they eventually send someone out to replace whatever it is that needs replacing. As for the remote access, say that you don't have a connection that will handle it.

Although I am surprised that they asked you to take apart a laptop, that's beyond quite a lot of people. And if I remember correctly, Dell put a lovely little disclaimer at the bottom of they're e-mails, saying that if you do anything to the hardware, the warranty is void. Called them on that one before and they apologised.

Advertisement