Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Warranty problem

Options
  • 20-01-2008 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭

Mods feel free to move this to Consumer issues if necessary.
    I have a 2006 Civic, indicator bulb needed replacing. Had a look myself and couldn't figure out how to access the bulb. Rang the garage as the car is still under warranty. They told me to call in anytime and they'd replace it. No need to book it in as it would only take 5 minutes. Took time off work, got to the garage where they told me that the entire front bumper had to come off to replace a bulb !! They told me it would have to be booked in and it would cost at least €50 for labour and €2 for the bulb. Not covered under warranty either. Anyone else had a similar experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Bulbs are not covered by warranty. Check the warranty documentation - it will be noted.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

A bulb is not a warranty item. I imagine most garages would replace them FOC as a goodwill gesture but in the case where there is a load of labour involved it is understandable that they would not.

Most likely the person you spoke to when you called was a service receptionist who did not know that there was so much work involved. Its wrong, but quite common, for receptionists not to have much tech knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I just checked the warranty documents and you are right, bulbs are not covered. Fair enough I suppose, but its a bit harsh to be expected to shell out more than €50 everytime a bulb needs replacing. If I get my local mechanic to take the bumper off then can could mess up my future warranty.

jos28 wrote: »
    If I get my local mechanic to take the bumper off then can could mess up my future warranty.

Unlikely. After all, he'll only be replacing a bulb.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

replace the indicator bulbs with a multi-LED replacement (What Honda should have fitted in the first place if acess is so tricky)

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone,
    Off to the local guy tomorrow and I'll get him to fit the LED replacements. May as well get him to do them all while the bumper is off.
    Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

Thats f@cked up - I can't believe you need to take a bumper off te replace a bulb - must be a piss-take - has to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

€52 for taking a bumper off is very low isn't it?? That's about 30 mins labour.

I'm no Honda expert, but I doubt it's a complete removal of the bumper. It probably just has to be dropped a wee bit to gain access to the headlamp mounting screws.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

thats the first ive ever heard of that on the civic, i have seen it on other cars though., be careful with LEDs though becuse depending on the system they can make your indicators flash really fast and then you have to do a bit of trickery to get them right.,

• Advertisement

Thats f@cked up - I can't believe you need to take a bumper off te replace a bulb - must be a piss-take - has to be!

Thats what I thought. I thought your man was having me on.
    He definitely said that the entire bumper had to come off but I doubt it. As Crosstownk said it probably just has to be dropped to gain access. Still a pain in the a*** and a major hassle for a lousy bulb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Maybe somebody could edit the title of this thread to contain the word "Honda"?
    Sneaky beggars, slipping in under JHMEG's radar.

Advertisement