Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on where to buy bathrooms

Options
  • 20-01-2008 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on where one can get good bathrooms at a reasonable price in the Cork region. Would be very grateful for any advice.
    Thanks
    Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

Try the builder's merchants, Brooks/Chandwicks etc and the likes of heat merchants /tubs and tiles, BTW and even B&Q. I think B&Q have a free design service, so you might get some fee fresh inspiring ideas for the layout.
    Very often the likes of the Dairygold co-op shopie type stores stock reasonable stuff and good prices.
    If you know exactly what your looking for you might get better valve from the builder's merchants, if they stock the brand.

Sorry for been so general but I'm not familiar with the suppliers in Cork I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,156 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to DIY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

renovating a house at the moment and the advice i would give is try to stick to the bathroom and tile centres that buy there products from irish based wholesalers. i was about to buy my bathroom suite from either homebase or b&q but changed my mind when i heard the delivery time was up to 8 weeks. a relation of mine bought theres in homebase in early september and still have not received it. i went to a local bathroom/tile centre and ordered it on monday and had it by thursday,with the option of them installing for me.
    this link is to the website of the wholesaler that the bathroom centre i bought from buys there stuff. ttp://www.sonasbathrooms.com/product.htm
    maybe try ringing them to see if they have an agent in the cork area, if not the product guide is priced and will give you rough guide to what it might cost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 bpsod10

Thanks guys for your advice, it will help get started.
    Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭goldenshower

I did full renovation of my bathroom last yr and after exhaustive shopping around thought that that place on tramore rd(cork bathroom & panelling centre?) were the best pricewise. also they were totally sound and gave a handy enough discount. Ill have a look for receipt, tis around somewhere. Yer one threw in free delivery, etc("Sure We'll tell the boss u live in the city;-)"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 bpsod10

I'll give them a shout and try get a good deal b4 January sales are over.
    Cheers
    Brian

Advertisement