Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there something wrong with this?

• 20-01-2008 11:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭

I am from Cork - Like all Cork people, I have a major Roy obsession. Vaguely remember him as a young fella (a few years younger than me - though I often fantasise that we were best buddies).

Brought my two sons to Sunderland this weekend for the Derby game (flew over and back on Saturday). Blown away by Sunderland. Had a great time on Saturday in the city. Great place, great people. The Cork and Sunderland accents are tailor made for each other - we can't understand what each other are saying, but we seem to get along just great.

I can't get over the passion before, during and after the game. We don't have the same experience in Ireland - the football, the stadia etc just aren't good enough. Its a great thing to have football that you care about, in a great stadium, with passionate following, on your doorstep. Brilliant. Thought many of the players were great after the game, and understand what the supporter mean - we stood for two hours in the cold, and the majority were happy to sign and pose for pictures and have a few words with the kids (Yorke the big exception though, sorry to say). We even got to meet Roy and got a picture of him with the kids - what a moment.

I think Roy and Sunderland are made for each other. Down to earth, hardworking, committed - its bound to be tough going for a year or so, but who knows after that.

The kids want to go to ever home game now. Thinking of starting a fund on SAFC.com for people to contribute so I can afford it. Its definitely for a good cause..

from safc.com forum

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

oh dear......dont let the EL boys see this thread. DesF especially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

not sure i understand this lol.

You want us to contribute to a fund to go watch SUNDERLAND... dear God id rather give my money to the church :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Is OP being sarcastic or has he copied and pasted something? I think its the latter as I know he is a Cork City fan.

Whoever said it in the irst place, he is talking bollocks. Given the stadia in the UK are millions of times better than anything we have here, but to say we don't have the same connection with our players etc? Bull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

roy o donavan:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

oh dear......dont let the EL boys see this thread. DesF especially.

giggle ;)

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

its not me who wrote it!

its a mirror of a post on the sunderland fc forum

Personally I think this guy is taking the piss;)

Surely:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sadly, I don't think he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

I am from Cork - Like all Cork people, I have a major Roy obsession. Vaguely remember him as a young fella

Yeah that was such a sad day in 1988 when the Big O moved on to the Tower of Song. Got his Platinum Collection this Xmas though (for the wife).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Sounds like an amateur conman. He'll get better with experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Nothing wrong with it at all, if it weren't for the fact that it's Sunderland, and you're not one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭raheny red

its a mirror of a post on the sunderland fc forum

How did they feel about his post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Mad_Max wrote: »
    You want us to contribute to a fund to go watch SUNDERLAND... dear God id rather give my money to the church :p

wacca wacca
    i see what you did there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. If that's what the guy wants to spend his money on, let him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I don't think there's anything wrong with it. If that's what the guy wants to spend his money on, let him.
    qft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Wonder if he ever went to a Cobh Ramblers game when Roy played for them.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

ziggy wrote: »

look at his last line :eek:

Thinking of starting a fund on SAFC.com for people to contribute so I can afford it. Its definitely for a good cause..

kdjacl likee likee beer if you all send monies to kdjacl i will go to your teams games as many times as i can afford too with your money and drink .......lots.

Will it work?

kdjac

kdjaa@hotmail.com

thanks

oh wait who do you support? not that it matters but still need to colour coordinate.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

you got the thrill of live football and want more, my first Villa game was the same when i was a kid Villa v Man Utd, 1993/4, 2-1 Utd, was a week night game, VP was a building site (think it was the "Doug Ellis" stand being fixed up) and i was t here with a couple of utd and brum fans (long story)but the atmosphere on that evening was ****ing electric! i think at hte time i compared it to the shivers you get running down your spine when you take off in a plane!

going to Bishopstown to watch city play never matched it for me though i do venture to Turners Cross the odd time to check them out and keep it real with the grassroots of the game:p(nothing else to do..)

• Advertisement

ziggy wrote: »

lol sorry cant accept your money, have met my countrymen supporting your team in my country vs my team from my country in the champions league booing my teams players cos they played for teams in your country.

Gwan make sense of that :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I never realised quite how much i respected you KdjaCL! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

KdjaCL wrote: »

I understand your username less as time passes. :D

As for the thread, I'd love for someone to support for me to fly over to Southampton with my two kids (don't really have any but I am fond of the odd beer, and that ain't cheap) a few times a season.

On the other hand, I could get a Shels season ticket for the price of one trip and make do with that...

Advertisement