Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Kit Installations

Options
  • 20-01-2008 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

Recently bought a Parrot 3200 on Ebay but am a bit wary of installing it myself in my car (04 Almera). Anyone have any experience of installings these in an Almera . I've removed the stereo from a previous Almera i had so i know how to get at the radio but i found it very difficult to remove the iso connector at the back (is their some nack to this?). Or maybe some one knows anyone who would be able to do it at a reasonable price. Any help appreciated, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

This maybe might help... well no actually it probably wont... I googled the parrot 3200 to see what it was and found these instructions, but no connection with an almera...

http://www.geek.com/parrot-3200-ls-color-bluetooth-car-kit/

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

M450 wrote: »
    This maybe might help... well no actually it probably wont... I googled the parrot 3200 to see what it was and found these instructions, but no connection with an almera...

http://www.geek.com/parrot-3200-ls-color-bluetooth-car-kit/

Thanks. Actually spent a couple of hours on google as well but couldn't find anything of real use. It's really disconnecting the radio at the back that i have most trouble with. In the last almera i damaged the connections trying to remove them but was okay because was replacing the radio. Don't want to do that this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

I had a motorolla put in... it only takes them half an hour but will probably take you days and it still won't be right unless you are a wiring genius!

If you are getting it done professionally, they might not take it for granted that you want the radio to automatically mute when a call is incoming. If you want this feature you need to tell them when booking as it requires an extra but of harware.... well that was the case with my kit, maybe parrots are different. I thought that all hands free kits muted the stereo automatically, but I wish I had known that wasn't the case.

Good luck with it anyway... the parrots are way cooler than my one.

Rory123 wrote: »
    I had a motorolla put in... it only takes them half an hour but will probably take you days and it still won't be right unless you are a wiring genius!

If you are getting it done professionally, they might not take it for granted that you want the radio to automatically mute when a call is incoming. If you want this feature you need to tell them when booking as it requires an extra but of harware.... well that was the case with my kit, maybe parrots are different. I thought that all hands free kits muted the stereo automatically, but I wish I had known that wasn't the case.

Good luck with it anyway... the parrots are way cooler than my one.

Thanks for that Rory. Can i ask how much it cost and where u got it done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

I'm afraid I don't know TBH!!! I bought the kit from my friend for a bargain €100. She was manager in a mobile phone shop who got it as a company christmas raffle prize or something. She organized everything for me. I can email her and ask her the name of the company who had the contract for installing the phone kits for them but tbh you would probably be better off looking up golden pages as she moved to China for her new job any probably forgets/ wouldnt have a contact for them.
    Sorry buddy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

cgc5483 wrote: »
    Recently bought a Parrot 3200 on Ebay but am a bit wary of installing it myself in my car (04 Almera). Anyone have any experience of installings these in an Almera . I've removed the stereo from a previous Almera i had so i know how to get at the radio but i found it very difficult to remove the iso connector at the back (is their some nack to this?). Or maybe some one knows anyone who would be able to do it at a reasonable price. Any help appreciated, cheers.

Parrot kits are simple to fit once you have the right connectors As for getting your stereo out, just go easy when disconnecting the plugs at the back.

http://www.parrotshopping.com/uk/p_parrot_topviewed.aspx?f=227

http://www.parrot.com/uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 offdechain

dem parrot kits all dats on dem r de iso leads witch u dont need on an orignal almeara stero(u just cut de red(battrie) orange(igg) and black(earth) off de iso and hook dem up cant rember de colors on de back of de almera stero for power but i think is either a pink r purple yellow and a brown but u will need a seprate speaker witch u will have 2 hook up de blue and green on de speaker iso witch den plugs into each other .... but is its a case u have an uprated stero its just a plug in. hook up de mute and go dare easy ...... hope dis helps if not i can fit it 4 u just pm me and ill send u my no;);););)

offdechain wrote: »
    dem parrot kits all dats on dem r de iso leads witch u dont need on an orignal almeara stero(u just cut de red(battrie) orange(igg) and black(earth) off de iso and hook dem up cant rember de colors on de back of de almera stero for power but i think is either a pink r purple yellow and a brown but u will need a seprate speaker witch u will have 2 hook up de blue and green on de speaker iso witch den plugs into each other .... but is its a case u have an uprated stero its just a plug in. hook up de mute and go dare easy ...... hope dis helps if not i can fit it 4 u just pm me and ill send u my no;);););)

Cool thanks for the replies. Have ordered an adaptor so hopefully that does the job and got the radio out already. Does anyone know where the speaker leads are?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

offdechain wrote: »

:o:o:o:o:o:o Translation please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

TychoCaine wrote: »
    :o:o:o:o:o:o Translation please?

Yeah second that, turn text launguage off on your keyboard offdechain :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement