Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tips for getting my hair this style?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Yeah, youll probably need a straightener, if you want it look that neat. Think of yourself as a little ahead of the curve, instead of gay! More and more blokes will start using straighteners, its just how these things work.

So basically youll need to apply a serum or spray to protect ur hair when its damp, blow dry and then straighten it, then maybe use a dry-looking wax like American Crew Fiber (its really good stuff). As for the actual cut, take a picture to a hairdressers and they should be able to sort you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

I like that stlye myslef. theres loads of hair growing involved though as his hair is quite long there. i just hate going through the messy stage! Plus id say that takes a lot time to look after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭petek

look for a style that suits your hair type instead, if u use a straightener to get this style it will always look really obviously straightened and overly done and like you're trying too hard.
    go to a good hair dresser and ask them what kind of cut they think will suit your hair type, u could bring that picture with you, but ask them for other suggestions..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

That's pretty much how I have my hair at the moment. Takes awhile to grow it and to learn what to use. I use a serum that takes any frizz from my hair and just shape it with my fingers to get a kinda rough effect. I don't really need to use a straightener. I don't use gel or wax but sometimes I wish I did cos the wind really f*cks it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Strange.... GHD used to do a men's straightener but I can't find it now, I guess they discontinued it!

Something this size would be a good straightener for that kind of hair. Not necessarily a GHD, but something similar, to do the fringe with.

Edit: A hair straightener will not make you gay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

That's pretty much how I have my hair at the moment. Takes awhile to grow it and to learn what to use. I use a serum that takes any frizz from my hair and just shape it with my fingers to get a kinda rough effect. I don't really need to use a straightener. I don't use gel or wax but sometimes I wish I did cos the wind really f*cks it up.

What serum do you use?My hair is just long enough now to start going into that shape and it does frizzz a bit, a serum would manage that a bit better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Frizz-Ease Serum Finishing Spray. Bit metrosexual but it's what the ladies like! (who am I kidding, I'm so alone...)

Advertisement