Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strand Apartments - Opinions please

Options
  • 21-01-2008 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what these apartments are like to live in ? Going to view one this week, but a bit concerned about noise from neighbour's wooden floors etc that is a common problem with less well constructed buildings.

Cheers

Max

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

A few friends were looking at one. Sherry Fitz told them that they're overpriced at €1400 as they can't shift them currently. Offer a lower figure and see what they say. They didn't need a 3 bed in the end and the location wasn't exactly perfect for work purposes so they ended up the other end of the city. The ones in Newtown Mahon (Lower Gerald Griffin St and Mulgrave St.) are fairly nice and well sound proofed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I have seen them, very nice apartments, due to their location they are going to be quite expensive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Cheers guys

Appreciate your comments, especially the Sherry Fitz one ! :)

Don't know Limerick at all yet......would a commute to Shannon from this location be a problem in any way ? Was assuming, cause I'm at least on the right side of the river, wouldn't be too bad.

Weighing these apartments up against a house in Annacotty.......do you think the commute'd be much worse from there ? Hoping to keep mostly 8-6, 9-5 hours.

Max

They are a FAR better option for a shannon commute than Annacotty, at least until the tunnel opens.
    Annacotty is not a nice place. Salmon Weir is nice enough, but it gets a lot of scumbags passing through it from the estate next to it. Traffic can be quite bad in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

are they the new ones opposite the maternity hospital - don't know about the inside of them but think they look gawd awful from the outside though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Bloomfield(400x266).jpeg

One of these...........I didn't think they looked too bad ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 1234556789

Jumpy wrote: »
    Annacotty is not a nice place. Salmon Weir is nice enough, but it gets a lot of scumbags passing through it from the estate next to it.

It might have been like that back in 2005 but not now.... I've never seen any problems in Salmon Weir or the Estate next to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Rents in apartments all over city have been dropping since I have been watching them in October. That very tall building near Jury's (Riverpoint, I think) was renting 2 bed apartments for 1,500, then 1,200 and now after several small drops they are for rent for 900 to 950. Lots of Poles leaving so and new apartments coming on market all the time. I'd rent in River point for parking space and quick commute to Shannon once across bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Anybody have a link to pictures of the interiors of Riverpoint or Strand apartments?

Rents in apartments all over city have been dropping since I have been watching them in October. That very tall building near Jury's (Riverpoint, I think) was renting 2 bed apartments for 1,500, then 1,200 and now after several small drops they are for rent for 900 to 950. Lots of Poles leaving so and new apartments coming on market all the time. I'd rent in River point for parking space and quick commute to Shannon once across bridge.

I have a friend in Riverpoint, he has had nothing but problems. Wouldnt recommend it at all, I suspect that may be why rents have gone down.

• Advertisement

1234556789 wrote: »
    It might have been like that back in 2005 but not now.... I've never seen any problems in Salmon Weir or the Estate next to it :)

Glad to hear its cleared up. It was fairly dodgy for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

i lived in salmon weir a year, my family two years. theyve moved back into the general area. i never had a problem with the place,nor did my family. really nice and quiet down there actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

the strand are nice apartments, the block is empty at the moment though, if its the same place im thinking of, beside the hilton? about 4 apartments moved in, so cant comment on noise in the place yet. seems well built though, its laminate floors so there'll be foam layers between, and its concrete floors underneath. preice does seem quite high, they're nice apartments, but quite pricey. I'm in corbally, and have a gorgeous 2 bed apartment for just 750 a month.

Advertisement