Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infractions not being doled out according to the charter

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ExpectantMum

thanks :) i know myself its not. But i think im pointing it out more for the fact i want these overly judgemental people to see the lack of reasoning behind their thought process...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

haha i dunno, alot of em don't see sense.
    but i wish you luck etc and hope the meanies didnt scare ya off boards :D

excuse me while i post a cat picture to snyper...

Wikipedia-lolcat.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Your last post has given a lot more information than the first. It can't be easy for you. Nevertheless from an outsiders viewpoint it looks typical of a person abusing the system. You even admit that the only work you have ever done before your pregnancy was off the books. You had never paid anything into the system up to 3 weeks before you discovered you were pregnant but yet now you want other people tax money to be handed to you, tax money you were not prepared to pay yourself. It's just not right.

You should not have to go through this penniless and alone. I empathise with the situation you are in and I wish you well but at the end of the day the mother and father are responsible for the providing for of their children. Have you contacted the father of the child? He has moral and financial obligations to you and the child that he must fulfil.

Hagar wrote: »
    Your last post has given a lot more information than the first. It can't be easy for you. Nevertheless from an outsiders viewpoint it looks typical of a person abusing the system. You even admit that the only work you have ever done before your pregnancy was off the books. You had never paid anything into the system up to 3 weeks before you discovered you were pregnant but yet now you want other people tax money to be handed to you, tax money you were not prepared to pay yourself. It's just not right.

You should not have to go through this penniless and alone. I empathise with the situation you are in and I wish you well but at the end of the day the mother and father are responsible for the providing for of their children. Have you contacted the father of the child? He has moral and financial obligations to you and the child that he must fulfil.

first of all what do you mean by I was not prepared to pay taxes? of course i was prepared to pay them what kinda accusation is that??

Anyway, do you know exactly where the tax you pay goes???? Do you know FOR SURE how the government is spending the money you are paying them? no. No one really does. But heres the difference between me and you, I had no problem working, paying tax to the government that some of which might just have been going towards financially assisting some one in a worse of situation then me at the time. Im not gona knock on there door and say "hey... that money the governments giving you to help... i paid some of that. I want it back." which is in a roudabout way exactly what you are saying when you say you shouldn't have to pay taxes for to keep other people...

Im joinin in the cat posting...
    128348080080156250urinsolencedi.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

As I'm somewhere to the right of Mussolini I can see where dame is coming from. A safety net is a good thing for those who slip from the high wire of life, but when when have become a safety net culture, that's not healthy for any society. It's not just milking the system, it's stupid lawsuits too. It's never your responsibility, or fault. When someone else will always cover your mistakes, how will you ever learn.

All that off topic bullshít aside, dame pushed it. Not so much in the original but getting all muppety after the fact.
    Your last post has given a lot more information than the first. It can't be easy for you. Nevertheless from an outsiders viewpoint it looks typical of a person abusing the system. etc........
    I agree with this and yea where is "daddy" in all this? Does he not work?
    Anyway, do you know exactly where the tax you pay goes???? Do you know FOR SURE how the government is spending the money you are paying them? no. No one really does etc....
    Highly dubious argument. A common one though.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

I worked over the summer part time and off the books.
    first of all what do you mean by I was not prepared to pay taxes? of course i was prepared to pay them what kinda accusation is that??
    You said yourself you worked but off the books. Claiming to be be prepared to pay taxes but not actually paying them doesn't make you a taxpayer.

You said yourself you worked but off the books. Claiming to be be prepared to pay taxes but not actually paying them doesn't make you a taxpayer.

It was my first job and the only one available to me at the time.. it doesnt mean i wasnt prepared to pay taxes... would have gladly but it was bascially volunteer work that id get paid for occasionly... to gain some experience in the hopes that I would have a better chance doing well in an interview for a "tax paying" position.

feisty and posting cat pix :eek: shes got my vote!
    ok, for the love of god, SHES 20!!!!!!!
    she's the exact same age as me. i've worked 4/5 jobs since i was 15 and some where on the books some off.
    that tends to happen when your younger,stop using it as ammunition to attack her.
    and the tax i payed? i say give it to her and young mums like her.
    ....or give it back to me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

This could do with being in PI...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

[IMG][/img]Funny_Pictures_213.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Fajitas! wrote: »

What... and let "La grand *dame* sans merci" loose.

Oh not you dont

lol i can see the carnage now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Fajitas! wrote: »

The original thread in the parenting forum, but when dame was banned from there she tried discussing it else where,
    first work&jobs and there here.

I don't think feedback should be used to try and move the topic to a forum where a) it does not belong and b) so that a baned person can view and reply to it.

I would ask the admins if they have the time to merge the relevant posts by the ops and others ( ie the likes of hagar ) in the thread which is here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055218197

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Personally, im not sure feedback is a good idea fullstop.

If mods decide an action and the member does not like it, they should discuss it via pm.

Having mods to spend endless pages of explaining their decisions imo is pointless, except for the odd catpic's oppertunity.

feedback is pretty much used now as a public courtroom....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

I think the poster should exhaust all avenues first. PM the mod and politely.
    Like snyper said, the mods shouldn't have to defend themselves for pages and pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

snyper wrote: »
    Personally, im not sure feedback is a good idea fullstop.

If mods decide an action and the member does not like it, they should discuss it via pm.

Having mods to spend endless pages of explaining their decisions imo is pointless, except for the odd catpic's oppertunity.

Sometimes there's actually feedback about the site. *shock* Like the two most recent ones about the nav menu and one person who couldn't access the site properly.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    The original thread in the parenting forum, but when dame was banned from there she tried discussing it else where,
    first work&jobs and there here.

I don't think feedback should be used to try and move the topic to a forum where a) it does not belong and b) so that a baned person can view and reply to it.

I would ask the admins if they have the time to merge the relevant posts by the ops and others ( ie the likes of hagar ) in the thread which is here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055218197

surely you dont have to go through the bother:)
    I wont post here about that topic again... i have nothing more to say so i am finished on my part.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    ( ie the likes of hagar )
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Wibbs wrote: »
    I agree with this and yea where is "daddy" in all this? Does he not work?
    Technically, there is no 'daddy' until the baby is born.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

:confused:

Yes you and your respectful inquiries :p

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think this thread is being used to discuss the topic rather then to feedback about the incident. Closed.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement