Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Value of 9ct white gold ring

• 21-01-2008 1:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

Not sure where to post this so ill pop it in here.

I was traveling Australia and found a ring on a beach one day.
    It has 9ct stamped on the inside and looks like white gold.
    Its in pretty bad condition, scratched and dented.
    It looks like a mens ring about 4mm width.

Is there any value to this. Is it worth selling. Where would i sell it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

$1359

Post a picture.

The answer to question two depends on the answer to question one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Very little. Perhaps a tenner...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Be worth more as a memory. Aww.

Slightly off topic: I'm always shocked when I see the family heirlooms people do sell on those antique roadshow tv programs. Selling something that has been handed down for a few generations for a few measly quid is pitiful, assuming they are not financially challenged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

Naos wrote: »
    Be worth more as a memory. Aww.

Slightly off topic: I'm always shocked when I see the family heirlooms people do sell on those antique roadshow tv programs. Selling something that has been handed down for a few generations for a few measly quid is pitiful, assuming they are not financially challenged.

bargain hunt is better than antiques roadshow IMO. yeh you often see it, but if i inheririted something from generations above that i never knew and it was worth alot id probably sell it too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Melt it down, form it into a bullet, and use it to shoot werewolves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

White gold ≠ silver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Fremen wrote: »
    Melt it down, form it into a bullet, and use it to shoot werewolves.

Ehhh it would be useful if it were made of silver. The werewolves will just laugh at his lack of knowledge and then kill him.

eo980 wrote: »
    Ehhh it would be useful if it were made of silver. The werewolves will just laugh at his lack of knowledge and then kill him.

In fairness he didn't say it's to kill the werewolves...

Maybe he wants to shoot the werewolves with the white bullet, wait a second for the werewolf to get a surprised look on his face when he realises he's still alive, and then say "ha ha" and shoot him with a silver bullet...

dublindude wrote: »
    In fairness he didn't say it's to kill the werewolves...

Maybe he wants to shoot the werewolves with the white bullet, wait a second for the werewolf to get a surprised look on his face when he realises he's still alive, and then say "ha ha" and shoot him with a silver bullet...

Yeah that's true, but they're so quick I doubt he'd get a second shot. You know what they're like.

• Advertisement

eo980 wrote: »
    Yeah that's true, but they're so quick I doubt he'd get a second shot. You know what they're like.

I do indeed.

I often wonder are they killers or are they just hungry?

Like if I carried around a couple of fillet steaks with me and throw them on the ground when the werewolf is running towards me, will he stop and eat the fillet steaks or will he ignore them and kill me?

I do indeed.

Like if I carried around a couple of fillet steaks with me and throw them on the ground when the werewolf is running towards me, will he stop and eat the fillet steaks or will he ignore them and kill me?

As far as I know they do it just for sport. In fairness now that steak comment you made is doing them a dis-service, they aren't that 'basic' shall we say, g'ss they're not like dogs, they're actually fairly decent sorts, just a little misunderstood I think.

Confusion, misrepresentation, misunderstandings etc are terrible things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

I do indeed.

Depends on how the steaks are done.. and what sides you offer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

White gold ≠ silver.
    Hmm, I see your point, white gold wouldn't kill a werewolf.
    This reminds me of the time I tried to kill that umpire with some garlic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

No attempt at all at finding the owner... no? Perhaps turning it in to a local police station... no?

Oh well.

Cybermen don't like gold.. if you shot them with gold bullet it would kill them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

patrickc wrote: »
    bargain hunt is better than antiques roadshow IMO. yeh you often see it, but if i inheririted something from generations above that i never knew and it was worth alot id probably sell it too

Eh, I don't watch it. I just have seen it a few times for a few moments.

Shame on you to watch it, shame on you.

No attempt at all at finding the owner... no? Perhaps turning it in to a local police station... no?

Oh well.

Cybermen don't like gold.. if you shot them with gold bullet it would kill them.

Ohh you stander upper of morals and such, fair play to ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

lol. turned into quite a funny thread. :)

asking how much a ring is worth turning into a werewolf discussion.

Its just a plain slightly engraved ring but would really be looking at melt down value because its really in **** condition. was probably around that beach for a long time.

now how would one go about making a white gold bullet. You never know when your going to run out of silver bullets and have to bluff your way out of a sticky situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Actual jewelers that make rings will buy old ones to melt down but I can't imagine you'd get more than about 20 quid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Ciara22

Eh......didnt Brian McFadden lose his wedding band on the beach in Australia while the wife Kerry Katona was in that Im A Celebrity thing??

Give him a call, Im sure its worth alot to him? He would pay a big reward to have it back. Oh wait.....maybe not.

• Advertisement

lol. turned into quite a funny thread. :)

asking how much a ring is worth turning into a werewolf discussion.

Its just a plain slightly engraved ring but would really be looking at melt down value because its really in **** condition. was probably around that beach for a long time.

now how would one go about making a white gold bullet. You never know when your going to run out of silver bullets and have to bluff your way out of a sticky situation.

dublindude seems to know a bit about turning metals into bullets, he'll be a good starting point. If he doesn't tell you what you want, come see me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

give it to a child and tell him it's cursed.

Advertisement