Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback, how were you treated?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

The most outright abuse I got on here was from a user (David Micheal/PokerChild) not a mod. It was let go on for a while but after reporting all the posts (which included 1 word posts such as "twat") he was site banned.

If you get abuse on this forum or any other report it and it will get dealt with. The biggest mistake (and one that I've made alot in the past) is to respond to abuse, dont full the fire.

That said I get some well meant kicks from decent people on here to but thats just banter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Some mods are idiots, some regular posters are idiots. the world is full of donkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

togster wrote: »
    the world is full of donkeys.
    You were that impressed with Snyper?! O_o

Jeez, you obviously haven't been around much ... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 like.no.other

6th wrote: »
    The most outright abuse I got on here was from a user (David Micheal/PokerChild) not a mod. It was let go on for a while but after reporting all the posts (which included 1 word posts such as "twat") he was site banned.

If you get abuse on this forum or any other report it and it will get dealt with. The biggest mistake (and one that I've made alot in the past) is to respond to abuse, dont full the fire.

That said I get some well meant kicks from decent people on here to but thats just banter.

Jesus I remember those posts all right 6th. I remember thinking at the time how can he/she? call 6th a wankstain/arselick/twat/fukwit/idiot/retard/imbicile/completeplonker/ and get away with it? Yeah you can be a bit over zealous with the whole boards thing but it was no reason to be abusive. I felt for you at the time :( A well justified banning IMHO. Should have been handed out sooner. .

Just my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Jesus I remember those posts all right 6th. I remember thinking at the time how can he/she? call 6th a wankstain/arselick/twat/fukwit/idiot/retard/imbicile/completeplonker/ and get away with it? Yeah you can be a bit over zealous with the whole boards thing but it was no reason to be abusive. I felt for you at the time :( A well justified banning IMHO. Should have been handed out sooner. .

Just my 2c.

And to add my two as well. The mods here are as balanced as I have found. Having had a well merited temporary ban for bitch slapping someone who I really felt deserved it, the mod I dealt with directly was very fair afaic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I remember thinking at the time how can he/she? ...
    Aye, apparently there is some doubt about that in a lot of peoples minds ...

Very perceptive of you to pick up on that so quickly, like.no.other.alternate.before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 slightly lost

Just my 2c.

+1
    legspin wrote: »
    And to add my two as well. The mods here are as balanced as I have found. Having had a well merited temporary ban for bitch slapping someone who I really felt deserved it, the mod I dealt with directly was very fair afaic.

+1

People are always harping on about bad mods when there are none to few really. It is not even a case of a bad apple, which there probably is, spoiling the barrel. Some folk just can't except they are in the wrong, with regards to internet forums, and move on.
    Aye, apparently there is some doubt about that in a lot of peoples minds ...

Very perceptive of you to pick up on that so quickly, like.no.other.alternate.before

I always thought it was a he?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Welcome back, merc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Are they all merc? Apart from randy of course ;)

So thats:

Mercury_tilt
    David Micheal
    PokerChild
    Plan D
    slightly lost
    like.no.other
    legspin

Of them all I liked Plan D the most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Plan_D

6th wrote: »
    Are they all merc? Apart from randy of course ;)

So thats:

Mercury_tilt
    David Micheal
    PokerChild
    Plan D
    slightly lost
    like.no.other
    legspin

Of them all I liked Plan D the most.

As much as certain people treat boards like their personal play ground, seeing users accused and possibly banned for no reason :/

Oh and nice blog about your life on boards 6th. Dead cool. I am a fan. I appreciate the way you link to your "popular" type posts. Saves me, as a fan, searching you for the quality stuff. If only Faceman would do same, I'd be sorted.

More wine needed.

gah!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Niseillat

Bubbles FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Some people need more fulfilment in their lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DeuceAces

Some people need more fulfilment in their lives.

Leave 6th alone. He is a nice guy. I know him.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Plan_D wrote: »
    As much as certain people treat boards like their personal play ground, seeing users accused and possibly banned for no reason :/

Oh and nice blog about your life on boards 6th. Dead cool. I am a fan. I appreciate the way you link to your "popular" type posts. Saves me, as a fan, searching you for the quality stuff. If only Faceman would do same, I'd be sorted.

More wine needed.

gah!!
    Niseillat wrote: »
    Bubbles FTW.
    DeuceAces wrote: »
    Leave 6th alone. He is a nice guy. I know him.

How many accounts do you have?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Merc/David/Whatever....

WTF is you're problem.... honestly, I've played poker against you and talked to you before and you seemed like a nice bloke but this whole thing is just idiotic in the extreme. Its silly and I've lost a lot of respect for you primaraily because of the sheer childishness of this.

Whatever about the people you don't like, thats not important. You're response to "not liking them" is worse then a 6 year old and thats just really sad from someone who I know isnt stupid. Honestly is this the way you deal with conflict in your life?

In all honesty, I think you need to switch off the computer, walk away and take stock of things from a distance because its really saddening to see you go this route. You are better then this petty, childish bullying and name calling.

Christ, honestly man have some self f*cking respect for God's sake. Please, just leave the site, or enjoy using it while controlling your impulses and ignoring people you don't like.

Genuinely, just turn the machine off and walk away because I don't think *any* of this is good for you dude. Its pathetic and you are better then that.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

DeVore wrote: »
    I'd love to hear what people think we should do about this perceived "problem".

Put yourself in my shoes... how should one "legislate" for civility? Why should a Mod have to tolerate an idiot who mocks them and not flame them? What about the responsibilities of posters to be civil? What should we do in the case where both are out of order?

What makes you think that what your answer is (and I'm fairly sure I can predict it) isnt already being done?

Come on, its a fun game for all the family. If you were me, what would you change?

DeV

don't presume that all your users are idiots for start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Just the ones who prove themselves otherwise then. Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

and dont put words in people's mouths.

I dont see a single reference, or even an insinuation, that all users are presumed idiots.
    The only reference I see whith the word idiot in it, refers to a user who mocks people but wont tolerate the same back.

Are you sure youre not taking it out of context on purpose, becuse it looks pretty clear cut to me what was said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

I would like to retract all previous comments. Feedback works.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Wow, a born again boardsie! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Wair

*wipes eyes*

you won a case via feedback?

Did you hire Gareth Pierce and have Johnnie Cochran on some type of seance link up with the trial?

wtf like? :confused::p

Advertisement