Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rust Removal On Forks

Options
  • 21-01-2008 2:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Hey all anybody know of anything to remove rust on my front Forks? Ive used Cocacola and tinfoil like the muthbusters on discovery channel have said and it does work:eek: but i dont want to have to keep doing that!! Anything more "professional" out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Steyr wrote: »
    Hey all anybody know of anything to remove rust on my front Forks? Ive used Cocacola and tinfoil like the muthbusters on discovery channel have said and it does work:eek: but i dont want to have to keep doing that!! Anything more "professional" out there?

a smear of grease/ WD40/paint provided the rust is gone.
    you cant stop rust on steel unless it has been teated.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Autosol is a metal polish which may or may not solve your problem. If the corrosion is light it will suffice but if it's more serious you may need to use steel wool first.
    Here's a review I found:
    http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/reviews/AutosolReview.htm

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

My Uncle Terry cycled for a now defunct Cycling club in Moyne and his unorthodox solution was to pour Goats Milk on the forks and let it settle/drip off for about fifteen minutes and then smear them with Metlayted Spirits - He assured me it worked a treat until he came off the bike in a Charity Cycle race between Arva and Granard - Myself, I'd stick to Hermy's proposed 'metal polish' remedy...my Uncle Terry was a little eccentric in his methods

Advertisement