Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Settlers ??

Options
  • 21-01-2008 5:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Any remember The Settlers for the Omega years ago ??

I had an emulator on my old pc and was great to play but since i got my new pc with Vista any version i download from the internet doesnt work, anyone any decent non spam links ?? ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

If its of any interest to you, The Settlers on the DS is a port of Settlers 2 for the PC.
    It's a little fiddly, but still, the memories!!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Omega? Surely you mean Amiga...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,319 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Alz® wrote: »
    Any remember The Settlers for the Omega years ago ??

I had an emulator on my old pc and was great to play but since i got my new pc with Vista any version i download from the internet doesnt work, anyone any decent non spam links ?? ;)

The Settlers 2: 10th Anniversary edition is what you want then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Settlers_II_10th_Anniversary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Was it just me or did anyone else think that the switch from the original cutesy graphics and silly sound effects kind of spoiled the charm of the games that followed the original?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I thought 3 was pretty 'cutesy'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

It's probably that link up above but they redid Settlers 2 in a 3d engine. It was cool for about a minute. Settlers was always a good idea that never quite did it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Alz®

Amiga is correct, my bad

Anyway thanks everyone, appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I loved the multiplayer mode on the Amiga version.

Took an age to load though.

Advertisement