Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get unbanned, a few tips.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Don't let the girl hear that. She pressures me enough as it is. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Wait! .... I thought you were the girl? Damn these muddy gender waters!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Girls can like girls. Sheesh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Girls can like girls. Sheesh!

So your 'wedding' will be in the UK, Belguim or Denmark ?

Or on my Island offshore. Maybe international waters? Don't oppress me by writing it as 'wedding'. :anger:

• Advertisement

I was trying to be polite as you could be jumping a broom, smashing a glass or taking part in any number of matrimonial rites.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I was trying to be polite as you could be jumping a broom, smashing a glass or taking part in any number of matrimonial rites.

Thanks Thaed, I understand that now.

It's just that so many judge us. Maybe an all hot woman wedding is in order.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Good post Karl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Zulu wrote: »
    Just playing devils advocate here, but...
    you acknowledge that there is no appeals procedure, and the potential for someone to have been unfairly banned, but you don't really provide any solution other than: suck it up.

...or was that the point?

Well, there is certain procedure, but this isn't really written anywhere. Of course there's potential for someone to be banned unfairly, it does happen somtimes, however rarely (I can think of once recent instance, and it was dealt with calmly) but screaming abuse isn't going to help matters at all.

The thing is, what "Solution" can I provide? All bans are pretty much taken on a case by case basis, it's up to the judgement of the moderators for someone to be unbanned, there's no set sequence buttons you can press in order to gain access to a forum again. All I can offer is a few tips; do's and don'ts, and hope they help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

sticky this mo fo....
    but...
    If you've got a valid case, there's still a chance that someone is going to post cat pics,
    you say it like its a bad thing!!!

• Advertisement

nerin wrote: »
    you say it like its a bad thing!!!

Well it's not nessicerally bad, but it might frustrate some users, so it's worth mentioning that they shouldn't get upset about it.

yes,true.
    we hould have some sort of rule,(as we seem to be cleaning up feedback,or at least trying) that cat pix must only be used against idiots, or in good fun.
    anyone with a valid point shouldnt have lolcats saying "ha, u got aids" etc
    or maybe the new rule should be moar cats for some, mini cuban flags for others!!!

There shouldn't be any rule for cat pics, their spontenuity is what makes them special.

hmmm first rule of cats, there are no rules.
    you have my vote.
    now when are we gonna sticky this sonabeatch? <i gots glue>

nerin wrote: »
    now when are we gonna sticky this sonabeatch? <i gots glue>

If/when the admins decide it's stickyworthy, then it shall be done/not done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

anyone who posts a picture of a cat should be banned

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Thaedydal wrote: »
    , all mods are bástards"

to be fair, they'd have a point :)

Blasphemy
    InternetCat.jpg

dont worry kitties, i still love ye

green123 wrote: »

lolcat-funny-picture-moderator1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

6th wrote: »
    When I'm wrong I'll put my hand up.
    Small hands? :eek:

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

to be fair, they'd have a point :)

Look just cos your parents are not married this does not mean mine aren't :P

esel wrote: »
    Small hands? :eek:

No but I do have hairy girl wrists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

rule 7, mods shouldn't use people compaining about an action to justify that same shakey action of theirs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

At the end of the day its just an internet forum so I wouldnt apologise to a mod who's in the wrong just to get access.
    Banned from paranormal until you apologise.

psi wrote: »
    Banned from paranormal until you apologise.

The old 6th would have started a feedback thread before I even checked if my access was gone :p

Who you gonna play with now that I'm no fun? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Who you gonna play with now that I'm no fun? ;)

you were fun?

should there be more mods for feedback forum itself, unhelpful posters should be suspended like in PI

psi wrote: »
    you were fun?

You were laughing with me, right? :confused:

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    That's cos Mammy and Daddy brought them up to think that the sun shines from their arse and they can't do anything wrong. So when they dress up as crusties and go out onto the streets burning cars and causing riots, they blame the Gardai when they get their asses kicked.

when have crusties ever burnt cars?

Advertisement