Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffe pods on Grand Parade

Options
  • 21-01-2008 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi

So what's the story with the two horrible concrete Coffee Pods wannabes outside the library and Bishop Lucey Park :confused: I mean, planning permission was successful after all, still, they've been left unfinished for ages.

At this stage, whoever built them/allowed them to exist should:

1/ bring them down, or
    2/ destroy them, or
    3/ convert them into shelters for the homeless, or
    4/ convert them into bird shrines, or
    5/ finish' em?!

But at least, DO something about it!! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

I think its a good idea but the wrong place, I'm sure there's somewhere up towards the mall end of the parade that this thing could be put. Its a ridiculous place for it, might as well but up boarding on the gate walls behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I know there have been plenty of objections to the one outside the gates of the park, and I think I remember reading that they'll move it down so it won't be blocking the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

ah the coffee pod.... for people on the go..... ummm isnt there like a MILLION places to get coffee anywhere? statoil to spar...
    tribes is just around the corner, as is soho, the bagel place, the place in the english market.... its a bit effin ridiculous.... why not have one condom pod and one tampon pod? u dont see many of them around!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

just another facility for the plentiful supply of scumbags and bums in Cork city to destroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

just another facility for the plentiful supply of scumbags and bums in Cork city to destroy.

Sadly you're probably right. Unless its secured with corrugated fencing I can see the place getting a hammering on any given Friday or Saturday night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I like the idea of the coffee pods, I'm just sure they'll end up in the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

deRanged wrote: »
    I know there have been plenty of objections to the one outside the gates of the park, and I think I remember reading that they'll move it down so it won't be blocking the park.

I read somewhere that it had been built in the wrong spot i.e. blocking the park gates. In either case moving it is the best thing as blocking view into park would be one of the more stupid planning decisions I've seen (and there are plenty around!)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭corkandproud

We should be looking at mibile vendors, although there's no rent or rates in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Alo10

Personally I think they are absoluty manky - how de F**K did they get past planning? And as all_smilz said there are plenty of places to get coffee - why do we need more ? Can't wait for the first weekend they are open - should be interesting to see if they survive !

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Can't understand why one was put up in front of the gates to the park. The gates are actually nice to look at, yet they put up an ugly concrete block in front of them. Why two of them so close together ? I think someone is trying to be too european.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DaCorkGeezer

^whitey^ wrote: »
    Can't understand why one was put up in front of the gates to the park. The gates are actually nice to look at, yet they put up an ugly concrete block in front of them. Why two of them so close together ? I think someone is trying to be too european.

Agree with 80% of the post. Until the last sentence. The Frenchman says: "You can never be too European" :D

As well as that, isn't Ireland, to a certain extent, a European country? ;) Plus, it reminds more of a Starbucks idea than your usual Italian or French or whatever European country coffee place :)

I've never seen anything like an ugly Coffee Pod in France anyway :(

Not saying that all coffee places are perfect out on the Continent, but how could even think of sitting down outside a glass box :confused: Better take it "inside" the Park :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Agree with 80% of the post. Until the last sentence. The Frenchman says: "You can never be too European" :D

As well as that, isn't Ireland, to a certain extent, a European country? ;) Plus, it reminds more of a Starbucks idea than your usual Italian or French or whatever European country coffee place :)

I hear ya ... just thought they could have chosen a better location.

Advertisement