Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iris Oifigiul - Q for Shane

• 21-01-2008 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi Shane

Some time back you told me about this magazine. I went to the National Library, Kildare Street on Sat to look this up. Unfortunately I had two issues:

a) I had time constraints as I ended up having to bring my 1½ yr old and she woke up.

b) They brought out this LARGE volume with TINY writing and all entries by day so it was taking ages. The guy I spoke to said he never heard of this in this booklet (all we found was info on companies).

Now they are very nice there and really tried to help me but we just couldn't find anything. Have you looked at this yourself? I plan on going some day after work when I can organise "working late".

Any ideas/suggestions on looking this up I would be grateful.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Mary- I know what you mean.
    You can short circuit your search somewhat- as the announcements from the Adoption Authority only occurred after they had built up a batch of them- maybe a hundred or so. So- if you have the date the adoption order was signed- you are looking for the batch that went through immediately after that date.

There are a lot of company announcements- yes, along with details of tax defaulters etc.- don't let these put you off. There can be several issue of these similar in nature- maybe over the course of several weeks/months

If you PM me your postal address I will post an example of a page of announcements from the Adoption Authority from Iris Oifigiul- so you will have a better idea of what to look out for (the announcements from the Adoption Authority are quite different than the other announcements).

Shane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭MaryMagdalene

Thank you - have pm'd you.

Advertisement