Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs digging up garden

• 21-01-2008 11:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Our dogs have recently started to dig up my vegetable patch. They didn't touch it last year (though did dig at a few shrubs) so I am not sure why they suddenly started now! Any ideas to stop them would be appreciated. (I have been advised to bury their poop where they dig to stop them but bear in mind this is our vegetable patch!).

Thank you,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

muckety wrote: »
    Our dogs have recently started to dig up my vegetable patch. They didn't touch it last year (though did dig at a few shrubs) so I am not sure why they suddenly started now! Any ideas to stop them would be appreciated. (I have been advised to bury their poop where they dig to stop them but bear in mind this is our vegetable patch!).

Thank you,
    go to google and try this www.dogtopics.com/67/how-to-stop-your-dog-digging-up-the-flower-beds/ - 37k if thats any help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

If you give them their own bit of garden and bury lots of toys and treats in it they will stop digging the veg and dig there instead. Trick is to keep the patch topped up with treats etc though or your veg may seem appealing again :rolleyes:

Advertisement