Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop The Press - Aldi selling quality German Beer.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭DenMan

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    hmm, as a fellow sligonian i must ask, what beer does teh lidl have?

Sorry about that but I am a Dub living in Sligo. I am fond of Excelsior and Perlenbacher. A1 beers. They also have some decent red wines if you look properly and Pepsi is cheaper than in most stores. When I was in Uni in Uk I used to love to come back for Christmas etc and get the Fink Brau bottles, 24 for under 10 euro if I remember correctly. I was there earlier today and unfortunatley they didn't have any, or Perlenbacher for that matter, :(

They were doing a deal on Carlsberg bottles and Budweiser cans tho! Happy days indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Just to note - Aldi is still selling Spaten at 1.79 EUR a pop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Aldi still selling Spaten. Also worth keeping an eye out for, Aldi in Longford were selling 750ml bottles of Bulmers for €2.49 last week.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Did a shop in Aldi this afternoon and just tried a pack of Perlenbacher. Having one now. Very good.

Experiment. I will from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Planet X wrote: »
    Did a shop in Aldi this afternoon and just tried a pack of Perlenbacher. Having one now. Very good.
    Lidl or aldi?

I get perlencacher in lidl, 6x500ml for €7, best cheap beer out there IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭getfit

Think Perlenbacher is Lidl - spot on with the best value call!

It was called Bergadler a while ago (I think). Anyone know why the name changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

BeerNut wrote: »
    Saw it yesterday in Drink Store on Manor Street, but I'd have thought any of the good beer offies would have it: Redmond's, McHugh's, Sheil's, Carvill's, Deveney's etc.

Defo for Redmond's, saw it last week and even any local small offie has it. So it would appear to popular enough in Dublin anyway

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

rubadub wrote: »
    Lidl or aldi?

I get perlencacher in lidl, 6x500ml for €7, best cheap beer out there IMO.

Lidl, you're right, out in Deansgrange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

The Spaten at Aldi was such a roaring success that they have increased the price to €2 a bottle.No shortage of the stuff at your local Aldi now.:mad:

BTW in response to why Bergadler changed the name to Perlenbacher in Lidl.
    The name didn't change,Perlenbacher is a different beer altogether than Perlenbacher,the bottle just looks the same.I was gutted when they got rid of Bergadler as it was delicious.Not so keen on Perlenbacher though.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Thats a shame about the Spaten. 20cents is a large jump per bottle. I will still buy it though a far superior beer at two euro compared to the pisswater such as bud etc at 2:20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Thats a shame about the Spaten. 20cents is a large jump per bottle. I will still buy it though a far superior beer at two euro compared to the pisswater such as bud etc at 2:20

An considering that the bud is probably brewed in Ireland make you think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Lidl are now selling Franziskaner for €1.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

There's a nice pils normally on sale in Aldi called Wernesgruener. I used to drink it a bit when I lived in Dresden. It from a place in Saxony near the Czech boarder.

I normally retails fro €7 for 6 330ml bottles. I was really surprised to see it selling here. Its quite popular in East Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

Perlenbacher is 4.99 for 6 in Lidl at the moment, happy days :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

dylbert wrote: »
    Perlenbacher is 4.99 for 6 in Lidl at the moment, happy days :p

I shall be making a few purchases later, happy days indeed, love the stuff :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement