Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick Question

• 21-01-2008 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

Failed the NCT on Friday because of a worn front tyre, so I've got to get it replaced and go back to see the marshall who will check it and pass me. I was wondering if I could just replace the worn tyre with the spare and show him. Has anybody had to get just a tyre checked before, and if so do they check the spare as well?

Otherwise, can anybody recommend a tyre fitters in the Clondalkin / Fonthill area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,118 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Get a new tyre. cost you 35-50 euro inc fitting from any tyre centre. No point in not having the spare it will only come back to haunt you and usually sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Don't ake chances with your tyres. If you have a new front left and a half worn front right, you will be doing your car no good and it is the middle of winter so I wouldn't take chances.

I don't actually know if they look at the treads on a spare (my guess would be that they do). If this isn't the case and you can use your new spare- I'd recommend getting another new tyre so that you have a matching pair.

There's a lot to be said for a full compliment of quaiity matched tyres. This one new tyre stuff doesn't fly, more often than not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

They test the spare if one is there, but if you do not have one it's not a fail.
    TBH I would not skirt around this issue the way you are suggesting. What happens if you get a puncture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Cheers for the input. Had more or less made up my mind to get a new set of tyres but that has confirmed it.

Now, any recommendations of a good place to go in the Dublin 12/22 area?

Advertisement