Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog Wash?

• 21-01-2008 12:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where the nearest dog wash to Tallaght is? The ones the have at petrol stations??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Does anyone know where the nearest dog wash to Tallaght is? The ones the have at petrol stations??

There's one in Texaco Lucan - beside the fox hunter pub (tel 6264624), I used it a few weeks aga and it was working fine.

The one on the Tallaght bypass has been gone since they re-did the texaco but apparently it will be back at some sage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Wow, I tought these were just in america! I didn't know we had them! How much are they to use? Do they use hot (warm) water or is it just cold from a tap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭liam1204

they are excellent, warm water (be carefull to let it run for a min or two first), secure and fast. 5-6 euro for a lab/collie sized dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Are ye having a laugh car washes yes but never heard of dog washes in garrages come on!Imagine using a power spray would blow the poor small dogs eg toy dogs.lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

thanks for the info

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

liam1204 wrote: »
    they are excellent, warm water (be carefull to let it run for a min or two first), secure and fast. 5-6 euro for a lab/collie sized dog.
    you could get my car washed for that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭gstar

there is also one in texaco (i think) at bakers corner in dun laoghaire. i've been threatening to take our lab there for a while as we have no bath and the back garden has far too many hiding places!!! :D

Is there a drying facility on the dog washes, as I'd hate to give an old dog a chill? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Feebz

yep a blast of air is included alright, but it only lasts a minute or two. So if your pooch is bigger than a jack russel, you won't get him dried properly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

My dogs would never "speak" to me again if I subjected them to that torture chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Sysiphus

Just to say that the above mentioned doggy wash is no longer there. We drove all the way out and it has been gone for over a year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

The one at the Texaco on Ballygall Rd Est in Glasnevin is €8.50 - for that I would expect hot towells, never mind hot water :D
    liam1204 wrote: »

Advertisement