Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NYC - Personal Shopper?

• 21-01-2008 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hey, [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I'm new to this forum but think it's great. I'm planning a girly trip to NYC in April, just for 4 days. We were thinking of treating ourselves by engaging a personal shopper to bring us around some shops in the city. I've been to Woodbury Common, it's great and all but I'd prefer the city. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Anybody ever used a personal shopper in NYC or am I mad thinking of the idea? I just think it would be great to know where to go and get some really cool clothes. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Thoughts please! :-)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I saw Scatman is planning a trip too and am watching that thread with interest but am more interested in personal shopping. I'm (unnaturally maybe!) focused on getting the right deals and clothes for my shape...and budget![/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]:)
    [/FONT]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭pinklady2

I do not know much about personal shoppers but my thoughts would be not to get one personally as I like to go around the shops myself and explore.
    I would have a fear that they would bring you to the dearer shops instead of where the bargins are and their taste in Fashion can be a lot different to ours... half the fun is going around the shops yourself I think, exspecially with the girls..

You could get a great list of shops to go to form SCATMAN thread. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 NYC Diva

Thanks Pink Lady. I've checked out the shops on Scatman thread.

You're right...it's all about the fun, isn't it? I'll do a bit more searching and if I find someone who can bring me to places 'in the know!' while having fun, then I'll be back to let you know.

I'm so excited, I can't wait. I've dusted off my jimmy choo's in advance of my trip already!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭pinklady2

No Probs just me own thoughts, I wud love to go back there again was there last year..dusting of the Jimmy Choos and all you must be serious will look great in the Bars over there.
    Try Soho If you have enough time very cool spot the shops are expensive but there are also very affordable ones there aswell,do not forget to go to Forever 21 great clothes there and they are for noting check out their website. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

Apologies for going off-topic but.....
    where can I find 'Scatmans Thread'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I'm just back from New York and I got loads. I was there twice before and didn't really find much because a lot of the stuff can look dated. Is there any shops in particular that you're interested in going to? Before I went I looked at loads of different websites for different shops, picked the ones I liked and found out where they are. I found New York Magazine's website (link) really handy for both suggesting shops and giving locations. Write the addresses down and make sure you have them on you because last time I forgot to bring them with me, I thought I'd remember where the shops were but instead I wasted loads of time wandering around looking for them :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 NYC Diva

Thanks Pigletlover! I thought that I responded last week but lo and behold, there was nothing there. I've checked out that link..incredibly informative. Definitely one to research more.

I'm going to meet a friend for coffee later as she is just back from NYC.

Once I find out more, I'll definitely be back online about this topic.

Advertisement