Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blue Monday, the GLOOMIEST day of the year

• 21-01-2008 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

'Blue Monday' the gloomiest day of the year. Monday, January 21, 2008.

Any opinions?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I'm not even sure what this is about.

Moved to AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm pretty gloomy today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Yeah me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

I'm great today, although I didn't get much sleep last night, I think that was due to my body becoming re-sensitised to caffeine after I stopp drinking coke!

Still, no sleep sucks big hairy donkey balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I woke up late and was an hour late for work :o

Pretty crap Monday for me. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Someone should do a song about how miserable Mondays are, and why they hate them.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Woke up at half six today, and its absolutely bucketing. Walked the gf into college, had to take a different road because the usual one was completely flooded. Went to the library to study, couldnt concentrate so left after an hour.

So here I am, livin' it up on Boards with a nice spicy chicken fajita and some magners.... gloomy my arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Well, New Order did a song called Blue Monday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

First day back to college after Christmas holidays, so, yes, I agree, gloomy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

im gloomy!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

All Mondays are gloomy...
    But today does seem gloomier than usual....
    You might be on to something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i couldn't be happier.

it's monday.
    i'm just out of bed.
    looking forward to a week off college until work next week.
    have nothing holding me back
    have nothing pushing me forward either :s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Im miserable to be honest. Its the usual crap job, no money, no boyfriend and no hope!!:(

Im hoping it just the time of year though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

First day back to college after Christmas holidays, so, yes, I agree, gloomy.

Only back this week? :eek: I have no sympathy for you ;)

Its not so bad people! I'm getting paid this week, why won't ye just be happy for me :(
    Lux23 wrote:
    Im miserable to be honest. Its the usual crap job, no money, no boyfriend and no hope!!

It probably is tbh. Spring and better times will be here before you know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Ah Monday's are nearly always ****e in fairness. I dont think it's that gloomy today. It is verrry feckin WINDY though! Jaysus, feckin windy Monday more like. I'm in work and the building is literally shaking every few seconds. WTF? :eek:

Well still off the drink so feeling fresh which is good BUT my sister's stupid ****ing cat came into my room at 4 this morning meowing to be let out...the ****ing cat doesn't even like me & normally never comes near my room. I let the bitch out and I couldn't get back asleep and im tired in work. ****ING STUPID ANIMAL.

*Waits for the wierd cat woman from boards with her new identify to pm me with abuse*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Every year the media say, "Scientists have proclaimed this to be the most depressing day of the year."

Bull****. This Monday is no different to last Monday except I have €200 less. It's just another way for the media to say, "Your life sucks, the world is ****ed, so listen to us to find out how to fix it."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Haven't felt this good on a Monday in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

sounds like somebodies got a case of the mondays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Hmm i dont get it, **** monday i dont feel the best schutz and all and didnt even go that mad on the weekend so i shouldnt feel this bad but i dont mind im sure ill find something to do to distract me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

seamus wrote: »
    Every year the media say, "Scientists have proclaimed this to be the most depressing day of the year."

Bull****. This Monday is no different to last Monday except I have €200 less. It's just another way for the media to say, "Your life sucks, the world is ****ed, so listen to us to find out how to fix it."

Who cares about your miserable € 200.00, have you not heard the news today? Thought not, bloody gloomy blue monday indeed and it's not going to go away fast.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

It's windy. That makes me blue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

red_ice wrote: »

I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I dont normallly care about mondays but today I feel like total ****e. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I feel particularly crap today too - yes, it is a sh1te Monday. But yeah, all Mondays during winter (apart from the ones over Christmas imo) are crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I'm in Cape Town, and I'm pretty gloomy about the great wather, cheap beer and kick ass food. Really gloomy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

red_ice wrote: »
    1089_wide.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

In some of the places that I've worked, the existence of Monday is the excuse emplyers gave for not paying sick-pay. This resulted from people phoning in sick on a Monday morning. Nobody ever rang in sick during the rest of the week. They concluded that they were no longer going to pay people for taking the pi*s. Too bad if you really were on your death-bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭milli

Am having a pretty good monday - saw not one but two foxes in a field at the back of our house so that was pretty cool :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's a rainy Monday. Of course I'm a bit down.
    I prefer Sunny Saturdays :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I got €1775 in free money in the post today. Life aint too bad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭lisaloo

can you please let us all in on the secret of how you got 1775 in FREE money????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Lux23 wrote: »
    Im miserable to be honest. Its the usual crap job, no money, no boyfriend and no hope!!:(

of course it is just the time of year.

1) then do up the CV, even if you don't do anything at least it will give you the feeling that you could if you wanted to;)

2) it is the generally the longest period between paychecks hence the no money. Don't worry next month is the shortest which means you have less time to spend the money, So shopping spree

3) trust me us men are very over rated especially as partners but hey I doubt it will take you that long to realise that and wonder why you wanted a boyfriend in the first place.

4) ok so there mighn't be hope but with boards beers, LL beers and BGRH & LL beers there is a lot to look forward to

For me though yes this may have been the worst monday so far this year but hey it is only the 3rd one so far there are going to be a lot worse days for me this year. If not it will have been a great year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Meh. I've been better.

• Advertisement

connundrum wrote: »
    I'm in Cape Town, and I'm pretty gloomy about the great wather, cheap beer and kick ass food. Really gloomy!

FU ,

THAT IS ALL!

i'm gloomy because i've been bored the last hour waiting for my boyfriend to be free so I can hang out with him
    this weekend has made me realise i can spend loads of time with someone but if there not really there with you then there's no point :)
    things could be worse though, i could have been in work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

jsb wrote: »
    of course it is just the time of year.

1) then do up the CV, even if you don't do anything at least it will give you the feeling that you could if you wanted to;)

2) it is the generally the longest period between paychecks hence the no money. Don't worry next month is the shortest which means you have less time to spend the money, So shopping spree

3) trust me us men are very over rated especially as partners but hey I doubt it will take you that long to realise that and wonder why you wanted a boyfriend in the first place.

4) ok so there mighn't be hope but with boards beers, LL beers and BGRH & LL beers there is a lot to look forward to

1) I have set the ball rolling there.

2) I get paid by the week and I am still at the top of my overdraft every week.

3) Ah I don't even want to go there but with valentines nearing and another year I have been single I am extremely depressed about the whole thing.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Seems like any other **** Monday to me.:D

Thank god its over

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

21 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

kyub wrote: »
    Ah Monday's are nearly always ****e in fairness. I dont think it's that gloomy today. It is verrry feckin WINDY though! Jaysus, feckin windy Monday more like. I'm in work and the building is literally shaking every few seconds. WTF? :eek:

Yes, in fact so windy, my French teacher decided we needed to know the French translation of 'Wuthering Heights'..... strange lady.

Les Hauts de Hurlevents in case you're wondering :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I finished my exams today, so it was the LEAST gloomy day in a long time!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I felt it

I woke up this morning with the flu and had to trudge to school in a kilt with gale force winds in my face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Lazare

I won €2200 last night playing poker, took the day off today, and just fluted around buying sh1t.

Pretty fantastic day imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Why is today worse than any other monday? i don't get it.

I don't mind Mondays so much. Hate tuesdays and wednesdays though, don't get me started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

The day before me birthday-never a gloomy day for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

WindSock wrote: »

I don't mind Mondays so much. Hate tuesdays and wednesdays though, don't get me started.

I think it's because christmas is just gone, and there's no holidays or occasions due for a good while. And the weather is usually cat. I think Tuesdays are worse too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Lazare

WindSock wrote: »

Xmas CC bill usually arrives today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lazare wrote: »
    Xmas CC bill usually arrives today.

Bingo. Mine did anyway.

I, however, managed to get my car road legal again after a crash using nothing more than a clothes peg, brute force and ignorance, and some glue (MacGyver is my middle name clearly). So its not quite as bad a Monday as it could have been

Although it will be a very bad Tuesday when I find out what a new wing costs...

• Advertisement
Advertisement