Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pirate radio in ireland (you tube thread)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Just watched the whole lot - community stations can learn a lot from the pirate stations of the past.

I like the video of Fianna Fáil's pirate station "Election Radio '92" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Shame neither Carey or Robinson got a licence when they were issued, maybe we would have had something a little different to listen to if they had.

Thanks for the clips mike , Oh to be a Pirate again instead of all the regulations, red tape and brown envelopes involved in legal radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Stance

Radio Caroline in the 60s , now that's what i call pirate radio.

Caroline1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Stance wrote: »
    Radio Caroline in the 60s , now that's what i call pirate radio.

Indeed it was , Both Chris Carey (Spangles Muldoon) owner of Radio Nova, And Robbie Robbinson (Admiral Robbie Dale) owner of Radio Sunshine , plied their trade on Radio Caroline. It's no wonder then that Nova and Sunshine were so good that they are still held in such high esteem twenty years since ther were shut down.

Advertisement