Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Politics

Options
  • 21-01-2008 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭

Yet another ban.

Is it possible to post on these forums without being banned?

There seems to be a militia on all forums opposing anyone not yet fully indoctrinated.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

casey212 wrote: »
    Is it possible to post on these forums without being banned?
    Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭casey212

Do people have to hunt with the pack at all times?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I thought you started out well enough on that thread but you ended up bringing the lightbulbs into it. That and the fact that you couldn't apply any reasoning or backup to your position. Lecturing on indoctrination is not really the way to win hearts and minds however strongly you feel about it. So I can understand how you came to be banned.

is_that_so wrote: »
    I thought you started out well enough on that thread but you ended up bringing the lightbulbs into it. That and the fact that you couldn't apply any reasoning or backup to your position. Lecturing on indoctrination is not really the way to win hearts and minds however strongly you feel about it. So I can understand how you came to be banned.

It was hardly the most vicious set of posts ever made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Even within the first few posts I can see that this thread will more than likely descend into insult, injury, and cats. And nothing will be resolved.

A suggestion ... someone tell the guy exactly why he was banned, let him respond, make a final decision and then lock the thread. And everyone else with any desire to post smart arsed, insulting, "clever", or feline related material please resist. Theres no need to kick seven shades of crap outa him.

Feedback would be the better for it.

Boards would be the better for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    And everyone else with any desire to post smart arsed, insulting, "clever", or feline related material please resist. Theres no need to kick seven shades of crap outa him.

:( Why ruin the fun?!

🤪

Even within the first few posts I can see that this thread will more than likely descend into insult, injury, and cats. And nothing will be resolved.

A suggestion ... someone tell the guy exactly why he was banned, let him respond, make a final decision and then lock the thread. And everyone else with any desire to post smart arsed, insulting, "clever", or feline related material please resist. Theres no need to kick seven shades of crap outa him.

Feedback would be the better for it.

Boards would be the better for it.

You would be some man to kick seven shades of crap out of me, either verbally or physically.

I am yet to hear a half clever or even witty remark on these forums. Never mind a good put down.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yet, you couldn't resist sticking an oar in ;)

TBH casey212, it does appear that you're not exactly helping yourself

BuffyBot wrote: »

TBH casey212, it does appear that you're not exactly helping yourself

I was only voicing my views on Gormless.

BuffyBot wrote: »

Just a genuine attempt to help ... do you think my suggestion would improve the gaff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Surely you've been here long enough to realise that the majority of those who question their bans have been appropriatly banned and just assume the rules shouldn't apply to them?

There's a charter in every forum and muppets refuse to read them, get banned for breaking the charter and then complain. Why waste time debating with them when they have no intention of obeying the rules laid out for them?

And cat pics are funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Gandalf, with that post of yours I think you should be modding this forum .... and I'm speaking as someone who's posted enough crap.

casey212, can you post a link? Also you seem to have come here looking for a fight, not answers. Have you Pm'd the politics mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

OscarBravo wrote:
    casey212 banned. I already warned you about dragging your conspiracy theories in here after you were banned from Green Issues.
    There you go, case closed.

casey, if everyone here "followed the pack", half of the forums wouldn't exist because everyone would just agree with each other. You seem to think that it's your own personal uniqueness that makes you a target, that somehow it's your opinions that are causing hassle, not your conduct.

Here's a tip: The next time you want to post in a forum, read the charter first. You're not expected to conform to certain opinions but you are expected to conform to certain rules and ettiquete in your posts.

Case closed indeed.

I suggest the same be done to this thread.

Case closed indeed.

I suggest the same be done to this thread.

Yeah? Well what has that got to do with you.

Also, what makes people think I have the time to read charters. In my opinion, post away and deal with the problems later.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Ah this tool again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Also, what makes people think I have the time to read charters. In my opinion, post away and deal with the problems later.

Well then you shouldn't waste peoples time posting here then should you :rolleyes:

gandalf wrote: »
    Well then you shouldn't waste peoples time posting here then should you :rolleyes:

Its your choice to post, mate.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Because it's a lot quicker than to have feedback thread after feedback thread ?

Not as much fun mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Yeah? Well what has that got to do with you.

Well, you've been banned. I reckon you should take the time to read the charter next time, but for now take your own advice and deal with it. ;)

• Advertisement

stevenmu wrote: »
    Not as much fun mind you.

Exactly, good to see someone with a bit of bite left.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

it's those chemtrails man, they made me do it!

Zulu wrote: »
    it's those chemtrails man, they made me do it!

Chemtrails make you passive and obedient, so I don't think thats your problem

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

So how are you going to deal with this problem now?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Also, what makes people think I have the time to read charters.
    That would be your problem so.

But when you dont read the charter and get banned you are quick to run here like a little boy who has just fallen (running away after breaking the neighbours window) and scraped his knee. Mammy, mammy I am hurt and I didnt do anything wrong.

Gordon wrote: »
    So how are you going to deal with this problem now?

Since this morning I have now read the charter. I am now aware of the restrictions that it enforces, and if OB feels obliged I would like to have the ban lifted.

Problem resolved?

muffler wrote: »
    That would be your problem so.

But when you dont read the charter and get banned you are quick to run here like a little boy who has just fallen (running away after breaking the neighbours window) and scraped his knee. Mammy, mammy I am hurt and I didnt do anything wrong.

And people accuse me of dramatics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Since this morning I have now read the charter. I am now aware of the restrictions that it enforces, and if OB feels obliged I would like to have the ban lifted.

Problem resolved?

Well, since that's all sorted........................Release the Lolcats!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Lolcat-Invisible-Vibrator.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

*Insert cat here*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement