Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Superbowl XLII - Conference Game Spoilers

• 21-01-2008 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

So now we know who contests the superbowl, who's your money on?

Being a Pats fan, I have to say them, and with reason too. They are 18-0, and have been outstanding all year. In games where they were under pressure, they have managed to get the win. They have not been as freeflowing in the last 2 games, but Maroney has really stepped up and taken the load.

Giants are on ahuge run, and will not be short of confidence. they have a solid running game and Manning has been a lot more careful since the Vikings game.

Experience will be a key too, and the Patriots have an abundance of it. 3 wins for a lot of the team, and some key personell who have been there and done it in clutch situations.

Who wins Superbowl XLII 34 votes

New England Patriots
    0%
    New York Giants
    70%
    de5p0i1ergerirecruiserweightBigDragonbravEARMUFFSKinetic^mchurlRustarconzyManny7Xavi6dulpitzaphod_ieDowlinnThe Sparrowtallaghtoutlawshanton12odyssey06death1234567 24 votes
    Undecided/dont care/my team is gone!
    29%
    vorbisThird_EchelonMad_MaxPrincess Consuela Bananahammocktonc76Matt SantosCHDgcgirlwestairprfcgaffer 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

New York Giants
    It's only going one way for me and for the simple reason that Tom Brady is a machine.

I wanted the Packers to do it for Favre but now the best team should win and that's the Pats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,627 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

New York Giants
    The Seahawks are gone, so I'm going to be cheering on the Patriots. I've always preferred New England to New York in any case :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Giants fan here, so I'm going for Giants of course! They have got this far. Its destiny :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,680 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

My team went on week 12, so I really don't care. I'll probably wind up rooting for the Giants out of natural underdog instinct.

Any know if Sky Sports usually show the Pro Bowl or not?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Go Giants. Even if they did knock out the Packers.

Guess I just grew up seeing the NFC dominate, 49ers, Redskins, Giants etc. I still see the Pats almost as upstarts, sort of like the Chelsea of the American Football world...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

New York Giants
    Pats all the way. It will be tough and the Giants match up well with that pass rush of theirs but I just can't see the Pats losing now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

New York Giants
    no matter how much i wish the Giants win i reall cant see it happening.

and since my jaguars went out to the Pats id like to be able to say that we lost tothe Superbowl Champs.

still rooting for the Giants though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,680 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Go Giants. Even if they did knock out the Packers.

Guess I just grew up seeing the NFC dominate, 49ers, Redskins, Giants etc. I still see the Pats almost as upstarts, sort of like the Chelsea of the American Football world...

In fairness, that's only when Buffalo or Denver win the AFC....!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

it'd be good for the NFL if the giants win but i cant see it happening.
    the pats are unreal at grinding out results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

I said id be betting on the winner of the giants-packers game so my money will say giants but i kinda have the feeling im pissing my money up the wall :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

New York Giants
    Damn you to hell Hanton12 for putting the Giants before the Pats in your thread title. I was heading home to watch the Green Bay v NY:( I knew it was a bad idea to come onto boards today at all.

Oh well I guess it was karma that I didn't get to see the game... c'est la vie;)

I think the Pats will win. Its tough to bet against them. Real shame that Favre didn't make it to the Superbowl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

New York Giants
    woooo232 wrote: »
    Damn you to hell Hanton12 for putting the Giants before the Pats in your thread title. I was heading home to watch the Green Bay v NY:( I knew it was a bad idea to come onto boards today at all.

Oh well I guess it was karma that I didn't get to see the game... c'est la vie;)

I think the Pats will win. Its tough to bet against them. Real shame that Favre didn't make it to the Superbowl.

sorry!:(

Altho, did you not think you may have seen the result logging onto an American Football discussion page??;)

so far its about 60-40 anyway. Have seen similar on other polls. Think its a case of a few seeing an upset, or even more hoping the Pats lose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I've edited the title anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

New York Giants
    hanton12 wrote: »
    sorry!:(

Altho, did you not think you may have seen the result logging onto an American Football discussion page??;)

Ah no its grand. These things happen. Oh and I didn't log into the American Football Forum. I saw it on the front page of boards. It just kinda jumped out at me the minute I logged into boards. :)

Thanks for editing it RuggieBear in case the same fate befalls anybody else.

New York Giants
    woooo232 wrote: »
    Ah no its grand. These things happen. Oh and I didn't log into the American Football Forum. I saw it on the front page of boards. It just kinda jumped out at me the minute I logged into boards. :)

Thanks for editing it RuggieBear in case the same fate befalls anybody else.
    ah right, well, at least the title is fixed now so cant happen anyone else!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,517 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

New York Giants
    While I am not a fan of any team in the NFL, i always root for the Giants, was shouting for them in wembley in october, and while I think they will definately give the patriots a run for their money, the Pats will be going 19-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Yeah, Patriots to do the unbeaten season.
    For all the possession that the Giants had last night they didn't use it very well IMO.

Patriots to win by 14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

New York Giants
    Im a Pats fan and the Giants run is smelling like us in 2001 me more nervous about Giants now than the Pack. But im sure TB and the bos will do the job for us. GO PATS!

New York Giants
    seems to be around 70/30 for this game anyway, seems to be the consesus around. PAts are heavy favorites, but they are set up for an almighty fall. Just hope they get the job done.

Oh, BTW, can the title of the thread be changed back? Think most people now know its the Patriots v Giants in superbowl!!

Advertisement