Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really limited CMS

Options
  • 21-01-2008 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I've designed an ASP.net web app for a client and everything works great. My background is in application development mainly and I'm no graphic designer, but functionality and a simple clean presentation was all that was required. The layouts are done with tables because the last time I did any web stuff that was the way it was done and I didn't realise at the time quite how much could be done with CSS. I have used CSS for styles. I may come back to this project and convert it to CSS at some stage but not right now.

All the work was done in Visual Studio 2005 and I did all of the page editing and layouts by hand rather than through the wysiwyg editor.

Now, the clients need to be able to update occasional bits of text on the site but they are very non-techy. I need to find them a wysiwyg editor that is unlikely to interfere with any of my formatting.

I'm doing my own research too but this isn't my main area so it's time consuming trying out different tools so I'm hoping someone has prior experience and could point me in the right direction? Solutions don't have to be free.

If all else fails I'll write a tool to do the job but that seems like overkill right now.

Thanks!
    Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭ianhobo

Theres a whole load of them here, should find one to suit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 dkell

TinyMCE is a useful Javascript based WISYWIG editor. It's released under an open source license.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I've used TinyMCE before on sites and its quite good once you set it up right.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

Thanks folks.

I'll check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭shortcorner

FCKeditor I found the best and the easiet to implement. Also very easy to customize the menu so that your client can only enter in certain things.
    http://www.fckeditor.net/

• Advertisement
Advertisement