Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA UK Bound

• 21-01-2008 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

News flash 20-1-08

Huge announcement regarding TNA this Friday

Dixie Carter made a surprise visit to England this weekend for press interviews with regards to some massive news that we are told no UK fan will want to miss. She met with several mainstream media sources in central London where she gave them some major information regarding TNA’s increased expansion plans for the UK in 2008.

An exclusive deal has been stuck with the Daily Star national newspaper which reaches over 1 million homes across Great Britain daily. Therefore in this Fridays Fighting Talk column, the news that she broke will be announced first. This will be followed up with more information about the announcement appearing later in the day on the Sun Online website. The Sun and the Daily Star are two of the UK’s largest newspapers so the speculation is that the news will be something very big.

Although nothing can be confirmed officially, it is highly likely that this announcement could relate to the large rumor currently circulating on a potential TNA UK tour being confirmed for some point this year. If this is the case it would be massive news for the UK, with TNA recently being moved to the highly successful Bravo 1 channel in England and thus greatly increasing its status in Europe.

For more details please check out this Fridays Fighting Talk with Patrick Lennon in the Daily Star newspaper, which is available from all UK newsagents.

Wonder how this would do? With the NOAH tour also in the next couple of months, wrestling fans choices are plentiful, but is there money? Personally, If TNA set up their ring in my back garden I would close the curtains and call the gardai that there are intruders. So needless to say, I will not be travelling for this one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Thats a bit harsh gimmick! If they were recording Impact I'd do that but if its a house show it has the potential to be pretty decent. TNA does have an extremely talented roster, despite their best attempts at tellnig us otherwise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I wouldn't go to see TNA if they were accross the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

id have to be paid, not alot but thats only because im cheap :), its just so bad , and what makes it really bad is that it could be good and a real alternative option to the WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

TNA house shows seem to be pretty good. If you read any reports of them you'll see that there's none of the usual crap that they put on Impact. I still wouldn't go out of my way to see them, but a TNA non-televised show wouldn't be hard to sit through

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I wouldn't go to see TNA if they were accross the road.

I have to agree with Gimmick & Gerard C. TNA sickens me & whether it be my back garden or across the road I couldn't experience the bore & full on crap that is TNA. If it was the WWE on the other hand, it would be a completely different story.

• Advertisement

WWE house shows are always boring though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I think people are being blindingly harsh on TNA in this thread. They have some great wrestlers. At a house show, you'd be able to see them wrestle without all the crap that you get on tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I know I am being harsh, and perhaps you might get some better in ring action at a TNA house show, but I just wouldn't support that promotion. I couldn't support a promotion which is so horrifically poor on tv, and which wastes so much talent, its criminal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Yeah it reeks of bull**** in here, A TNA house show would be great they have far more talent on their roster than WWE anyone who was at WWE Raw this summer would clamber across hot coals to see the likes of Kurt Angle, Joe or AJ Styles

And another thing TNA actualy bring their big talent to house shows they dont bring tv jobbers and developmental nobodies sprinkled with 2 top guys

Stop being harsh for the sake of it!!!

TNA House Show Results - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma: 12.1.08

Went to the TNA House Show last night in Oklahoma City and saw some great wrestling action. I was really surprised at how good all the matches were for a house show.

Jeremy Borash came out and welcomed us and then went on to introduce Earl Hebner. The crowd began to chant "You Screwed Bret" and he flipped them off and then did the crotch chop.

-MATCH 1 - The Motor City Machine Guns beat Kaz and Elix Skipper - This was a really fun match, although I think Shelley and Kaz both did a little too much posing for the crowds after big moves. All four guys busted their butts this match, and the crowd loved every minute, only booing when Skipper got offense.

-MATCH 2 - Awesome Kong beat Ms. Brooks and Jackie in a three-way match for the Knockout's Title. This was a squash and the crowd really was not into the match that much. Most of the match had Kong being kept out of the ring while Jackie and Brooks fought. When Kong got back in the ring she destroyed both girls and pinned Brooks.

MATCH 3 - X-DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP - Jay Lethal beat Johnny Devine after the flying elbow drop. Lethal took the mic before the match and called Devine a thief for stealing his title and then said give me back my title Greg the hammer Valentine. Lethal was awesome the entire match. The fans loves Lethal.

-MATCH 4 - Booker T pinned Robert Roode. Roode came out before the match and said he was sorry he hurt Booker's wife and wanted to apologize. Booker came out and kicked Roode's butt all over the ringside area. The fans were nuts for T and cheered the entire match. Security actually angered me because they were going around telling people to sit down, while they were up and cheering. Ms Brooks interfered taking a chair away from Roode when he tried to hit T with it. Booker did the spin-a-roonie and won with the scissor kick. Booker T went around and shook hands with the fans after the match ended.

There was an intermission where The Motor City Machine Guns and Jay Lethal signed autographs.
    -MATCH 5 - Eric Young beat James Storm in a comedy match. You might have heard about these series of matches as Earl Hebner would get involved and at one point Young played the referee while Hebner and Storm locked up. This was a fun match and the crowd seemed to enjoy it. Funny stuff from all three guys.

-MATCH 6 - LAX beat The Rock and Rave Infection - This was a really good tag match with Homicide playing the face-in-heat most of the match. Before the match, Homicide got on the mic and did Konan's old intro. He then started the match with the three amigos and the fans all started chanting "Eddie, Eddie, Eddie" which Homicide egged on. There was a lot of fighting outside the ring and at one point Hernandez did the no hands leap over the top rope onto Rave.

-MATCH 7 - Christian Cage beat Samoa Joe in a Number One Contenders Match. The fans did dueling chants but the majority was cheering for Christian. Even when Christian cheated, the fans continued to cheer for him. I tried to start a Joe's Gonna Kill You Chant, but only one guy joined in. Joe locked Cage in his submission hold, but they rolled over and Cage got the three count while locked in the hold.

After the card, Christian came back out to the ring and for $20 you could get your picture taken in the ring with him while other superstars came to ringside and signed autographs. The crowd was hot the entire night and never really stopped yelling and cheering. The wrestlers responded with some REALLY good wrestling. I was surprised at the quality of the wrestling for a house show. Really good time.

"I attended the TNA House Show in Gatineau tonight, a pretty good show overall. Here are the results."

The show started off with Jeremy Borash coming out to ring side, and announced that we would be seeing Kurt Angle, Christian Cage, AJ Styles, and many more throughout the evening and that there would be something special for the fans after the show, as well as autograph signing’s at intermission.

Three Way X-Division Championship Match
    He announces the first match, being a three way X-Division championship match between Johnny Devine, Sonjay Dutt and "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal. Johnny Devine comes out to boo’s from the crowd wearing the X-Division championship. Sonjay Dutt comes out to a bit of a pop, wearing his white guru outfit. Biggest pop in that match was Lethal. He entered the ring, and he and Dutt began double teaming Devine, until Devine knocked Sonjay out of the ring. He then began his attack on Lethal, dropping him to the mat with a few shoulder blocks. He then taunts, gets in a few kicks to Lethal’s abdomen. Lethal rolls out of the way, and Devine continues to keep Sonjay out of the ring. Not much of Sonjay seen throughout this match. Ending comes when Sonjay takes down Devine, points to Lethal to goto the top rope, and hits the flying elbow, as Sonjay allows Lethal to get the pin. After the match-up, Devine steals the belt from Lethal, and runs off.

Chris Harris vs Jimmy Rave
    This match was dull. Harris got a good pop. He clapped a few hands at ring-side. Rave got booed and came out to this weird entrance theme. Harris got most of the offense, until Jimmy raked his eyes and got a few offensive moves. Harris bounced off the ropes, and the top rope detached. No serious injury happened luckily. Harris seemed a little stunned. He quickly ended the match with the Catatonic.

- On a side note, Earl Hebner refereed this match, and got a lot of "You Screwed Bret" chants.

- The referee’s and Simon Diamond rushed to the ring and began putting the ring back together (Diamond was working the staff the whole night, standing near the back entrance.) . The superstars then all began gathering behind my section, as there was some doors leading to the locker rooms, and they stayed there to watch the show.

Eric Young vs James Storm
    James Storm got into some heated words with a fan at ringside. Eric Young came out with a Canadian Flag wrapped around him like a cape. He taunted, James Storm was cocky all throughout the match. Got a few sleeper holds in on Eric, fans where getting bored with it. He hit a hanging DDT on Eric, while his feet where on the second ring rope. James Storm and Earl Hebner got into an argument, Eric ripped the shirt off Hebner, to reveal a "TNA, 100% Canadian Made" t-shirt on Hebner. Hebner and Storm fought and it was hilarious. Hebner got a headlock on Storm and he really sold it well. Eric and Hebner delivered a double arm drag to Storm. Storm rolled out of the ring, and when he got back in, after a little back and forth action, Eric got the roll-up for the pin.

- Eric spent a lot of time, celebrating with the fans, and taunting along with them.

Awesome Kong & Jackie Moore vs Gail Kim & Ms. Brooks
    Ms. Brooks got a HUGE pop during her entrance. She spent some time taunting on the outside. The two where managed by a reporter for the A-Channel. Surprised to see Kong. She stayed out most of the match. Jackie got a lot of offense on Ms. Brooks early on. Ms. Brooks came back with a snapmare, and roll-over neckbreaker. Jackie got on the offense again when raised to her feet, elbowing Ms. Brooks in the ribs a few times. Brooks managed to get the tag to Kim, who came in the ring, hitting a few shots to Jackie, and then moved over hitting Kong a few times. Kong fell to the outside, but quickly got back up to the apron. Ms. Brooks came after Kong aswell. But got thrown to the outside, and thrown into the guard rail. She then got thrown into the apron. Kong got back on the apron, but was stopped by Ms. Brooks who held onto her leg momentarily. Kong then got into the ring, tried for a backfist on Gail, but nailed Jackie instead. Brooks then came in and attempted a spear on Kong, sending them both in the corner, as Gail got the pin.

- Kong was upset after the match, and chased after the referee. She was then left in the ring with the guy from the A-Channel, and he got hit with two backfist’s. The referee’s helped him to the back.

Tag Team Championships
    L.A.X took on AJ & Tomko for the tag team championships. AJ and Tomko got a huge pop as they came to the ring. Tomko started things off with Homicide. Homicide was playing the cocky role, and spit in Tomko’s face, before delivering a right hand. Tomko smirked and threw Homicide into the corner. He then threw him to the other corner. They both looked at each other, as Tomko was blind tagged by Styles. Styles comes in to get arm-dragged a few times, followed by a hip-toss. Homicide then threw him off the ropes and hit a front-wards face plant. AJ held his face as Homicide tagged Hernandez. AJ took a leap to his corner tagging in Tomko. Tomko and Hernandez stood face to face. Homicide then threw in his blue bandana, Tomko took it, shoved it in his trousers, and took it out, to throw at the referee. Another hilarious bit. The two then fought, delivering various chops to each other, before Hernandez knocked Tomko down with a shoulder block. This lead to Tomko being thrown out of the ring, as AJ got knocked off the apron. Homicide then jumped out, rolling over the top rope, falling onto the two of them. Hernandez was going to jump over, But Tomko ran out of the way. The two then fought in the crowd, and Tomko fell over the guard rail, sending it to the ground. He ended up getting Hernandez out of the way, and after AJ fighting with Homicide in the ring, they where to hit the double suplex pin they do. Homicide managed to kick out. Hernandez came in the ring, and clotheslined himself, as well as Tomko over the top rope. Homicide tried rolling AJ up, but AJ reversed it, rolling Homicide up, hooking the tights.

- Tomko celebrated with the crowd, as AJ taunted. We now moved onto Intermission where Tomko would sign autographs.

Abyss vs Hannibal
    Hannibal came out to the ring, a big Ottawa guy, and said he was going to show TNA what he was all about, and laid out an open challenge to the most biggest monster in TNA. Out came Abyss to one of the biggest pops of the night. He couldn’t believe the pop he was getting coming from the section I was sitting in. Hannibal attacked Abyss before the bell, with a psychotic look on his face. Abyss came back with some hard punches. They went to the outside of the ring, where Hannibal was thrown into the guard rail twice. Abyss then got back in the ring, and grabbed the chair Hannibal brought with him. Hannibal got it out of his hands, but Abyss knocked the chair back in his face. He threw him off the ropes, and got a quick Black Hole Slam for the win.

- Abyss was cheered again, taunted in all four corners. He left, shaking some hands, making his way around the crowd, and scaring Jeremy Borash when he got up to him and raised his arm (Pretty funny there too.) .

Robert Roode vs Samoa Joe
    Roode was accompanied by Ms. Brooks. He was booed by mostly everybody, and stated if he didn’t get the respect he deserved, that he would never come back to Canada again. He sat Ms. Brooks down on a chair at ring-side. Roode got in, and raked Joe’s eyes to get an early advantage. He got a few quick punches in on Joe, and attempted an Over Castle, but Joe simply walked out of the way. Joe began his attack on Roode, and he face washed him. A lot of "Joe’s Gonna Kill You" chants. Roode got back on offense, once again raking Joe’s eyes. He hits a quick DDT, only to get a two count. Roode then calls for the PayOff. He hooks Joe’s head between his arm and yells out "IT PAYS TO BE ROODE" He didn’t manage to lift Joe, but Joe hits an atomic drop on Roode, and sends him to the top rope where he attempts a muscle buster, but Roode once again rakes Joe’s eyes. He jumps down, and attempts a German Suplex. Joe reverses and gets him in a waist lock. Roode grabs the referee distracting him, and low blows Joe with his leg. The referee didn’t see. Roode tries for the pin, but Joe reverses it into his rear naked choke for the tap out victory.

- Roode leaves, and Joe celebrates, thanking the crowd. It’s now our main event, and Borash reminds us that things where to happen at the end of the show, and to not go anywhere.

TNA World Title
    Christian Cage takes on Kurt Angle with Hebner as the referee. Christian gets a huge pop and simply loves it. He shouts a few words to Angle through a microphone saying "These fans said Angle sucks all the way down the ramp. Did you not here that?" Then he lets out a " Where all my Canadian peeps at!?" The fans all cheer, as the match begins. Christian goes technical style, taking Angle down to the mat. Angle rolls over and gets up. Christian is thrown off the ropes, he leap frogs over Angle and hits a clothesline. Angle gets up and gets decked again, and again. After a few minutes of Cage action, Kurt quickly tries for a Sharpshooter on Christian, but he wisely squiggles out of it. Angle then tries for the Olympic Slam but it was reversed. Cage gets a sleeper in on Angle but Angle gets up, and takes Cage back down. Angle now removes the straps, and applies the ankle lock on Cage. Cage quickly rolls out of it. Angle then tries for another Olympic Slam, but Cage reverses it again. Angle then goes for a backdrop, and it is yet again reversed. Cage throws Angle into the turnbuckles, and tries for an Unprettier. Angle reverses, but Cage hits a reverse DDT for the 2 count. Angle locks in a Sharpshooter, and Hebner teases a recap of the Montreal ScrewJob, but Christian gets out. Angle argues with Hebner, which leads to Angle getting pushed into him. Cage hits a frogsplash on Cage, but noone is there to make a count. When he gets up to try and revive Hebner, Angle hits the Olympic Slam. Rudy Charles comes running down the ramp, and Christian kicks out at 2 ½ . Christian revives himself, and after throwing Kurt into the turnbuckle once again, he hit the Unprettier... but only to get a two count! Kurt goes to get a steel chair, and out comes AJ Styles to take it away from him, which distracts the referee. Cage got Angle in an Ankle Lock and Kurt taps, but the referee’s back is turned. Christian argues with AJ, and Angle takes the TNA title, hitting it right over Christian’s head, as the referee is still turned. Hebner then revives and counts the three.

- After the show, Angle and Cage got standing ovations, and Angle came back to the ring for an autograph an photo.

• Advertisement

EdK wrote: »
    And another thing TNA actualy bring their big talent to house shows they dont bring tv jobbers and developmental nobodies sprinkled with 2 top guys

Angle wasn't on the first show you mentioned there. Booker and Steiner weren't on either show. Team 3D weren't there, or Judas Messias. No ODB. No Nash. WWE house shows generally have all the top stars, apart from Shawn Michaels, no?

I'm sure the quality of wrestling is higher on a TNA house show, I just don't think what you said is true

Mainly because they were a run of shows together that not everybody was on the same shows, I'd rather see Dutt than Steiner or 3D anyway i'd prefer to see good wrestlers over washed up "stars"

Signing autographs at intermission is a classy touch aswell

I'd rather see Dutt than Steiner or 3D anyway i'd prefer to see good wrestlers over washed up "stars"

Exactly, but you can't deny that those guys are bigger stars on Impact than Sonjay Dutt

Which would you rather see though?

I'll be seeing Impact VIP style in Orlando hehe, but my brother is a pretty big TNA fan so we will probably end up in the UK too,situation permitting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭R.Rated

Some people here really do take wrestling way too serious.

Which would you rather see though?

The younger guys. But my point was that you were wrong when you said that TNA has their big stars on their house shows. It's not a bad thing, but it's not true

It is true Angle,Joe, Christian, Booker are on the shows Sting doesnt do house shows

Booker was on the OK one i just messed up the pasting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

WWE House Show Results from Tallahassee, Florida 1-12-08

First, tag team royal rumble Qualifier match: Santino
    Marella and Carlito def DH Smith and Super Crazy. Some
    good back and forward action. Marella won the match
    after he hit a swinging neck breaker.

Second, Drew McIntyre def Charlie Haas. Bad filler
    match.

Thrid, Snitsky def Brian Kendrick. Basic squash match
    dominated by Snitsky.

Fourth, Atlas Dabone Def Trevor Murdoch. Atlas really
    excited the crowd when did the fsu tomahawk Chop.

Fifth, Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly def the
    Highlanders to retain the world tag team championship.

Sixth, Beth Phoenix def Mickie James to retain the
    woman's championship. Beth is a lot bigger than on TV!

Seventh, Randy Orton def Jeff hardy to retain the WWE
    championship. Nice back and forward action. Orton hit
    the rko and won.

Eight, Dx Def Umaga and William Regal. The funniest
    part of the match had to be when Shawn Micheals pulled
    down William Regal's trunks and exposed his flabby
    white behind to the crowd. Afterwards HHH slapped Regal
    on his bare bottom.

Look at that undercard. It is an absolute shambles. Two out of eight matches were worth watching and even the main event I'd have my doubts about.

12/27 TNA House Show results from Montreal, Quebec

(1) Eric Young d. James Storm.

(2) Sonjay Dutt d. Jimmy Rave.

(3) Gail Kim & Ms. Brooks d. Awesome Kong & Jackie Moore.

(4) X Division Champion Jay Lethal d. Johnny Devine.

(5) Samoa Joe d. Robert Roode.

(6) Abyss d. Chris Harris.

(7) Tag Team Champions AJ Styles & Tomko d. LAX.

(8) Christian Cage d. TNA World Champion Kurt Angle on a DQ. Earl Hebner was the ref. and when he tried to screw Christian with a fast count former WWE Superstar Sylvain Grenier got invloved in the match.

Look at the star power on this show. Abyss, LAX, Styles/Tomko, Joe, Roode, Christian, Harris, Storm and Angle. Quite a good show. Four or five matches were good. Maybe even six.

• Advertisement

You're missing my point. EdK said that TNA has their top stars on their house shows and that WWE just has jobbers and two top stars. Apart from JBL, Kennedy and Jericho, all of Raw's top stars were at that house show. And that was the weekend that Kennedy got married, so he can be excused

TNA were missing Booker, Steiner and Team 3D. And Judas Messias, he's involved in a pretty big angle on Impact at the moment. It's not that big a deal, I just don't think EdK's statement was fair

And whatever happened the TNA title changing hands on a DQ?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote: »

Well see it was Montreal. And they have Earl Hebner as a referee. Small details revolving around your wolrd title are nowhere near as important as wanting to re-create the magic of that night in Montreal 10 YEARS AGO.

Fozzy wrote: »
    You're missing my point. EdK said that TNA has their top stars on their house shows and that WWE just has jobbers and two top stars. Apart from JBL, Kennedy and Jericho, all of Raw's top stars were at that house show. And that was the weekend that Kennedy got married, so he can be excused

TNA were missing Booker, Steiner and Team 3D. And Judas Messias, he's involved in a pretty big angle on Impact at the moment. It's not that big a deal, I just don't think EdK's statement was fair

It was a DQ due to interference not due to Angle cheating. Wouldn't it be very unfair if someone could just run out at the start of an Angle title match and drill his opponent so Angle would lose the belt.

But did you see the undercard for that show. It was absolutely dreadful. I think a TNA house show would be fantastic so I'll probably go. The trick is that the star power decreases as they do more consecutive shows so if they announce that they are doing three shows, go to the first one.

It was a DQ due to interference not due to Angle cheating. Wouldn't it be very unfair if someone could just run out at the start of an Angle title match and drill his opponent so Angle would lose the belt.

Yes, but those were the rules!

The rules are the champion cannot protect his belt. If the champion cheats or deliberately gets disqualified, he will then lose the belt. If someone who interferes with they match and has no association with champion the match will end in a disqualification and no belt will change hands.

Sylvain Grenier? HA! God, are they THAT desperate for ex-WWE wrestlers?

Also, TNA plays up the Montreal Screwjob with Earl Hebner way too much. Like, you'd say something if it happened in their promotion, but it didn't. Vince russo is plain and simply, a wanker.

You'll have to excuse my anger btw, i have been drinking.

Sylvain Grenier? HA! God, are they THAT desperate for ex-WWE wrestlers?

He does French commentary for them in Canada

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

The NWA World title can change on DQ, it was never mentioned that the TNA World title can change hands on a DQ.

Hopefully this UK tour goes ahead, love to see TNA Live.

I've done the WWE Live and it was a waste, saw the people I wanted to see wrestle even though it was crap matches.

Doubt the tickets would be as pricey either, so better quality matches at cheaper prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Would derinitely go see them if they come to Dublin, doubt I'd make the trek to the UK. Those house-shows sound great.

Besides Fozzy and a few others most people are just giving out about TNA for the sake of it, and its really annoying.

• Advertisement

Misty the rat on a pole match?

I 5hit you not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭R.Rated

Il def make the trek over to the UK prob get cheap enough flights for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

Misty the rat on a pole match?

I 5hit you not.

At least it's not custody of a child on a pole match. That would just be too much :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Would derinitely go see them if they come to Dublin, doubt I'd make the trek to the UK. Those house-shows sound great.

Besides Fozzy and a few others most people are just giving out about TNA for the sake of it, and its really annoying.

Where could they do an Irish date? Is the Point being done up at the minute?

Where could they do an Irish date? Is the Point being done up at the minute?

It is, but I doubt they'd fill the Point anyway. They could probably do a show in the National Stadium. But they won't be coming here anytime soon

http://www.britwres.com/news/203257412.shtml

3 dates - Liverpool, Coventry and Essex in June. 3 dates is somewhat ambitious I reckon unless they are TV tapings. Plus it looks like there could be a clash with NOAH as well. Good idea? Bad idea?

I would take this with a pinch of salt as yet, until its 100% confirmed.

• Advertisement

KURT ANGLE AUTOGRAPH SIGNING IN LONDON ON FEBRUARY 7

UK fans - Kurt Angle will be appearing live and in person next Thursday night, February 7th at 6:30PM at the Zavvi store in Piccadilly in London to meet fans and sign autographs.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

From prowrestlingscoops.com these are the dates for TNA in the UK

* Friday, June 13: Liverpool at the *******.
    * Saturday, June 14: Coventry Skydome.
    * Sunday, June 15: Brentwood

Alex Shane will be helping out in the PR of the events

I think the UFC have a PPV scheduled for London on the 14th. Will be interesting to see how that affects TNA, as well as the NOAH show taking place in the same arena a week later

I don't think UFC or NOAH will affect TNA all that much as this is TNA's first time across the water. Most TNA fans will not have seen them live before nor have had the chance (and don't know when they will again) so I think they will go see whatever the want regardless of what else is on. I would also go out on a limb to say that there is probably more TNA fans than Noah fans in the UK.

The overall amounts don't matter much in this case, it's who's willing to pay for a ticket. TNA gets about 40,000 viewers in the UK every week but I don't think they'll all be clamouring to get tickets. NOAH's fans have been very quick on the uptake though and all the best seats were sold out for their show quickly. I don't think TNA will have a poor attendance at all, but I don't expect a huge rush for tickets either

• Advertisement

TNA champion Kurt Angle has revealed the dates and venues for the company’s UK tour.

We recorded our latest WrestleCast with the star this morning and he told us that he can’t wait to wrestle in front of British fans once again.

The ex-WWE world champion and Olympic gold medallist said: “The UK is our second biggest market so we’re pulling out all the stops to make these shows a success.

“We’ll be performing at Liverpool ******* on June 13, Coventry Sky Dome on June 14 and in Brentwood, Essex, on June 15.

“EVERY TNA star will be there, including me, Booker T, Samoa Joe, Christian Cage and Sting.

“We’re not sure if we’re taping anything for TV yet, but if it was up to me we would film a Global Impact.”

If that wasn't just a slip of the tongue, Sting would be as good as when I saw the Undertaker.

I wouldn't trust everything Kurt says on interviews. He was claiming last week that TNA gets the same number of viewers as WWE in the UK, which isn't true

Still though, theres always hope. Angle is a nutcase alright, I'll send an email to TNA and ask. Sting would be awesome.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I actually might head over to this although will check out the prices before and flights and stuff

Press release:

America’s fastest growing wrestling promotion TNA will present its hugely anticipated, first ever, UK tour in June of this year. Featuring the top stars from their hit show on Bravo TV, the "UK Impact Tour" will make three stops around the country.

* On Friday June 13th the TNA crew will make their first stop in the North of England when they storm the Liverpool ******* with their debut UK show. Doors will open at 6pm with a 7pm bell time.

* On Saturday June 14th the boys and girls of Total Non Stop Action Wrestling will be in the Midlands as they tear the house down at the Coventry Skydome for the largest of the three events. Once again doors open at 6pm with a 7pm bell time. Plans are also in place to hold a special TNA Fanfest event during the day in Coventry city centre with more details to follow shortly.

* The whirlwind tour will conclude on Sunday June 15th for TNA’s fans in the South of the country with a special matinee performance at the Brentwood International Centre in Essex. Doors will open at 4pm with a 5pm bell time.

The full list of stars appearing for this tour, along with the matches taking place will be announced exclusively in the Daily Star newspapers, Fighting Talk columns every Friday over the coming months.

Ticket information

Tickets are priced at £65 Gold Ringside, £50 Silver Ringside, £35 Bronze Ringside and then at £25, £20 and £15 for all other seats.

Tickets go on sale on Monday March 10th and are available on line at www.tnawrestling.com or by calling the individual venue box offices on the numbers below:

Liverpool ******* Box Office: 0151 263 6633

Coventry Skydome Box Office: 02476 630 693

Brentwood International Centre Box Office: 01277 262 616

To keep up to date with all the most recent happenings in TNA and to find out the latest UK tour news, check out the official TNA website at www.tnawrestling.com

EDIT: Why the hell is the word Ol ym Pia starred out here?

I will go to the liverpool show for definate, get the boat across watch the show and back again .

gimmick wrote: »

EDIT: Why the hell is the word Ol ym Pia starred out here?

Probably can't discuss gigs in the Irish venue or something.

£65 is €85-€90 which is abit steep to be fair and is $130 to them so they know its pricey

TNAWrestling.com
    SECOND SHOW ADDED IN LIVERPOOL FOR TNA'S UPCOMING TOUR OF ENGLAND - TICKETS GO ON SALE APRIL 7

Based on overwhelming demand, TNA Wrestling is happy to announce we've added a SECOND event in Liverpool on Thursday, June 12 (7pm bell time) at the Liverpool *******! Tickets for the new event will go on sale APRIL 7!

Demand must be massive if they think they can fill the place again.

TNA WRESTLING ANNOUNCES THE SCHEDULED LINEUPS FOR THE JUNE 12 & 13 LIVE EVENTS IN LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND!
    By Bill Banks

TNA Wrestling has announced the scheduled lineups for the upcoming June 12 & 13 live events at the Liverpool Olympia in England. As always, the cards are subject to change.

The lineups for the Coventry and Essex live events will be announced in the coming days!

Thursday June 12th Liverpool Olympia official lineup
    (Card subject to change)

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
    Champion Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle

TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
    Champions The Latin American Xchange vs. Motor City Machineguns

TNA X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
    Champion "Maple Leaf Muscle" Petey Williams vs. "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal vs. "The Guru" Sonjay Dutt

TNA KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
    Champion Awesome Kong vs. Gail Kim

"The War Machine" Rhino vs. Booker T
    "The Phenomena" AJ Styles vs. Robert Roode
    Plus, "Cowboy" James Storm in action

Friday June 13th Liverpool Olympia official lineup
    (Card subject to change)

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
    Booker T vs. Winner Of Joe vs. Angle from 6/12 Liverpool event

TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
    The Latin American Xchange vs. "Cowboy" James Storm & Robert Roode

TNA X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
    Champion "Maple Leaf Muscle" Petey Williams vs. "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal

TNA KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
    Champion Awesome Kong vs. Gail Kim

Plus, more matches to be announced featuring “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles, The Motor City Machineguns, “The War Machine” Rhino and “The Guru” Sonjay Dutt

• Advertisement
Advertisement