Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA UK Bound

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

gimmick wrote: »
    EDIT: Why the hell is the word Ol ym Pia starred out here?

It's an MCD venue, and discussion is taboo.
    Might make it across for the second show if tix are still available.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

No Christian? No thanks.

Also, is it not a bit ambitious to expect Angle to be back by then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Tickets are left for the first show which has a big ppv like card, second night is sold out, its not really cost effective to bring everyone across but there is enough marquee talent to make it worthwhile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

EdK wrote: »
    TNA WRESTLING ANNOUNCES THE SCHEDULED LINEUPS FOR THE JUNE 12 & 13 LIVE EVENTS IN LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND!
    By Bill Banks

TNA Wrestling has announced the scheduled lineups for the upcoming June 12 & 13 live events at the Liverpool Olympia in England. As always, the cards are subject to change.

The lineups for the Coventry and Essex live events will be announced in the coming days!

Thursday June 12th Liverpool Olympia official lineup
    (Card subject to change)

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
    Champion Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle

TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
    Champions The Latin American Xchange vs. Motor City Machineguns

TNA X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
    Champion "Maple Leaf Muscle" Petey Williams vs. "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal vs. "The Guru" Sonjay Dutt

TNA KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
    Champion Awesome Kong vs. Gail Kim

"The War Machine" Rhino vs. Booker T
    "The Phenomena" AJ Styles vs. Robert Roode
    Plus, "Cowboy" James Storm in action

Friday June 13th Liverpool Olympia official lineup
    (Card subject to change)

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
    Booker T vs. Winner Of Joe vs. Angle from 6/12 Liverpool event

TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
    The Latin American Xchange vs. "Cowboy" James Storm & Robert Roode

TNA X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
    Champion "Maple Leaf Muscle" Petey Williams vs. "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal

TNA KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
    Champion Awesome Kong vs. Gail Kim

Plus, more matches to be announced featuring “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles, The Motor City Machineguns, “The War Machine” Rhino and “The Guru” Sonjay Dutt

Looks like we know whos winning the tag match on night one anyway!:D

Little chance of a title change at a house show anyway, I suppose.

Also since when is Petey Williams X Division champ? Christ, shows how much my interest in TNA.has waned....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

flahavaj wrote: »
    Also since when is Petey Williams X Division champ? Christ, shows how much my interest in TNA.has waned....

He cashed in his MITB briefcase that he won in the feast or fired match after Jay Lethal had been beaten down last month. Might've been Steiner's briefcase actually, that whole thing is a blur to me now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Fozzy wrote: »
    He cashed in his MITB briefcase that he won in the feast or fired match after Jay Lethal had been beaten down last month. Might've been Steiner's briefcase actually, that whole thing is a blur to me now

Even figuring that out makes my head hurt, talk about convoluted booking...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

Would go, only I'm in Berlin to see Rage that week. No Christian though.. Boo-urns. Haven't seen him wrestle live since 2001, just before Edge and Christian broke up. Was great to see them taggin together

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Fozzy wrote: »

Steiner gave the briefcase to Petey for passing the initiation. The feast or fired stated that they could take the title shot at any time they pleased. BG took his tag shot at Against All Odds, Steiner took his world shot at Sacrifice and Petey did on the April 17 edition of Impact.

Steiner gave the briefcase to Petey for passing the initiation. The feast or fired stated that they could take the title shot at any time they pleased. BG took his tag shot at Against All Odds, Steiner took his world shot at Sacrifice and Petey did on the April 17 edition of Impact.

You sure? I could've sworn they were merely "title shots" until Petey decided to run down to the ring that time

• Advertisement

Yes and Petey used that title shot and beat Jay Lethal. It doesn't matter when he used it.

When guys win title shots they don't usually use them with no notice. That's only with the MITB match and it just seems like TNA copied them. They even had the briefcase. But I don't remember being told they could use their title shot without any notice

To be fair, a ladder match isn't exactly WWE's creation either. They made it popular that's for sure, but i'm sure you know Stampede had been doing it for years beforehand. And that's all MITB is really.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

But that's not the issue. TNA never said that they could cash in the case at any time

But they also never said you couldn't so all ye just assumed that.

But they also never said you couldn't so all ye just assumed that.

What?! So you'd be ok with it if say Steiner pinned Joe in a tag match and was awarded the TNA title? They never said it couldn't happen, so would the fans be wrong for assuming that it wasn't going to happen?

• Advertisement

Well you would have to state something is a World Title Match.

To be honest, it was an easy assumption to make. Whenever fans see matches like that, they see it on WWE. And we all remember New Years Revolution 2006 when Edge cashed in unannounced. So why wouldn't the average fan not assume it could be cashed in at any time?

VR!

And Petey Williams did give notice, just not very much.

Was at the TNA show last night, great show, good matches a surprise Abyss appearance

And a major autograph signing after the show,I managed to get a t-shirt signed by Samoa Joe, Angle, Petey Williams, Doug Williams, Rhyno, James Storm, Abyss, Sonjay Dutt, Jeremy Borash, Aj Styles, Homicide, Hernandez

Most of them were sound too particular Hernandez, Angle and Joe

Pics here for anyone who wants to have alook

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/EdK_2008/TNA%20Liverpool%20Show/?start=40

The following is from TNAWrestling.com

In recent days, TNA management promised some big news for our loyal fans in England, and TNA President Dixie Carter delivered it personally during Saturday's sold-out show in Coventry!

TNA Wrestling will return to the U.K. for four shows in January, 2009, Carter announced during the live event. The 2009 shows will headline the "Maximum iMPACT! Tour." The itinerary is:

Tuesday, January 20 - Manchester, England - Manchester Evening News Arena
    Wednesday, January 21 - Birmingham, England - National Indoor Arena
    Thursday, January 22 - Glasgow, Scotland - Braehead Arena
    Saturday, January 24 - London, England - Wembley Arena
    Tickets for all these events go on sale on Friday, June 27 at 9 A.M.
    The tour will be promoted by John Cornwell of SJM Concerts.

"The reception TNA Wrestling received this week from the U.K. fans has been nothing short of incredible and we look forward to returning in January," Carter said.

Keep checking www.tnawrestling.com for more details on the January 2009 U.K. tour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

I'll prob try and head over to the Wembley Arena show unless they add a Dublin date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Was at the TNA show last night, great show, good matches a surprise Abyss appearance

And a major autograph signing after the show,I managed to get a t-shirt signed by Samoa Joe, Angle, Petey Williams, Doug Williams, Rhyno, James Storm, Abyss, Sonjay Dutt, Jeremy Borash, Aj Styles, Homicide, Hernandez

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/EdK_2008/TNA%20Liverpool%20Show/?start=40

Nice work!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Angle looks extremely weird and very worryingly thin in that piccy

Shin

He looked fine when he was in the ring and stuff its probably just my very large head eclipsing him

DSCF1549.jpg?t=1213617460

Tickets for all events go on sale Friday, June 27 at 9 A.M at all venue box offices, online at ticketmaster.co.uk and gigsandtours.com and by phone at 0871 2200 260 and 0871 230 6230. Bell time for all shows is 7:30 P.M. with doors opening at 6:30 P.M. The tour will be promoted by John Cornwell of SJM Concerts.

Nobody seems to ever look at this thread after i post :( heh

But did anyone else get tickets for TNA this morning?

Advertisement