Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VPN Services

Options
  • 21-01-2008 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place, but it seems the most appropriate forum.

My ISP (a small provider to a single development) blocks the requires ports required for Steam (TF2 etc). Now I know what I am talking about when it comes to network configs, but unfortuantely this person is saying point blank that nothing is blocked. Multi device internal and external tests prove otherwise. I am giving up at this point, and since I know VPN traffic passes through I am hoping to find a local (or UK) VPN provider to at least be able to online game again.
    Anyone know any off the top of their heads? Nothing too fancy or expensive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 +Jim+

Ummmm ...

VPN = Virtual Private Network

A VPN connection is designed to allow secure comms between two points.
    How would establishing a VPN help you to play games online?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

Presumably by routing games traffic across an allowed (VPN) port to another end point, bypassing the restrictions on his own network.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

markpb wrote: »
    Presumably by routing games traffic across an allowed (VPN) port to another end point, bypassing the restrictions on his own network.

^ This.

Advertisement