Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maryborough House Hotel Gym

Options
  • 21-01-2008 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Are any boarders members of this gym? Is it any good?
    I know it's really expensive but I heard a few very good reports and apparently they limit the numbers so it's never mad busy like nearly every other gym in the area.

Any reviews welcome

Ta...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭douglasman

Hi, Yes I am a member of this gym. It uses all the latest top of the range Technogym equipment, membership is limited so there is no queuing, it's a little bit busier than normal this time of year, but in another week or two, it will be back to normal, still no queuing though, even with the extra people there. Price is very expensive but worth it if you go a lot, I go five days a week, so it works out good value for me. Staff are good, you can push them for help as much or little as you want, there is no limit to how many fitness assessments you can get throughout the year and there are no extra charges for these. Full membership costs 1250 + 100 euro joining fee so not cheap, but like most things you get what you pay for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Corksham

Wow that is unreal expensive. You could check out mardkye arena, is the biggest gym in cork, does get busy in the evenings but if fitness is a priority then you can prioritize the time of your visits.
    There are a few upmarkety type gyms also - Fitness locker on washington street, Kinglsey hotel gym (about 1000 a year) has the nicest changing rooms I've ever seen, there are loads of gyms around so take a visit and ask for a free workout as you are thinking of joining.

Advertisement