Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickie: Patrol Boots

Options
  • 21-01-2008 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭

A while bak a link to an Irish supplier was posted with Magnum Patrol Boots that cost I think E40 and shipped for E7. Seemed a great deal. Cant remember who posted ti or when it wasa but if anyone knows what site this is I'd be really gratefull if you could post it.

Cheers,
    Lethal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭deepimpact

irish combat accessories

Here
    or
    in leather but they're 50 euro

<edit> finally got the links right after about 10 attempts!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

Have those boots very comfortable but are not waterproof would recommend these to go with them http://militarymart.co.uk/prod6.asp?prod_id=8200&id=182&sub_cat=510&grpid=8200&msg=&offset=12 have used them 3 times and my feet have not got wet unlike the inside of the boot and they are an extra layer for the cold weather

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

scanlant wrote: »
    irish combat accessories

Here
    or
    in leather but they're 50 euro

<edit> finally got the links right after about 10 attempts!

Cheers. Which would be mor comfortable would you say? Leather needs polishing.....but if they're better they're worht the tenner and a little effort.

lethal.

I haven't got a clue. I was looking at those boots a few months ago but I eventually got a pair elsewhere.

There was a thread somewhere about this, I'll see if I can find it

<edit> fount it! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055174454

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Cheers Scalant.

• Advertisement

not a bother
    it's scanlant though......although Scalan would be a cool last name

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Trac pac ones are VERY comfortable and dont need wearing in.
    They eventually wear from the inside out and also the toes are plastic
    and the surface starts to go after about 6months.
    They also dry out very quickly when wet unlike leather.
    (The ones I got anyway the toes were not real leather)

I used to have links to an American site and a few other places
    in England that do professional boots that were pricey but fantastic
    cant remember them now.

For some cheap boots that are fairly OK try here:
    http://www.lractive.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=52_53

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I'm ordering a shiny new pair of Converse on payday. I ordered a pair a bit before Christmas just for airsofting but they were so damn comfortable I ended up wearing them every day so I'm gonna get a second pair that I won't mind "testing" as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

dex: linky?

Your wish is my command, and by command I mean my search through my invoice box for the docket.

Converse Warriors

• Advertisement

me likey :)

are they waterproof at all?

hmmm... i see they also have the oakley ones... oakley or converse....hmmm...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Dosen't look waterproof (esp considering there listed as indetical to the desert boot), for the money the magnums would be better I reckon, as a good summer/dry boot. A tall water proof boot for the winter. I love my matterhorns, waterproof up to the hight of them and very hard wearing.

I'm sure I read somewhere on the box that they're waterproof up to the third or fourth lace point. Though I don't know for sure.

The Oakleys have some good reviews but Converse have sold tens of thousands of thier Warrior boots to the British and American soldiers in Iraq and Afghan via the base stores and catalogues. They're widely regarded as being one of the best going. That's what swayed me originally (can't beat a soldiers foot for the hard test really) but I can tell you they're like wearing socks rather than boots. And that sidezip is the business.

Rew wrote: »
    Dosen't look waterproof (esp considering there listed as indetical to the desert boot), for the money the magnums would be better I reckon, as a good summer/dry boot. A tall water proof boot for the winter. I love my matterhorns, waterproof up to the hight of them and very hard wearing.

They may not be but, as I said, I'll have to check. They do have those leather seals on them a portion of the way up though.
    I've had Magnums in the past and I didn't find them particularly comfortable. They weren't great to run in and the traction was poor in any kind of wet, soggy or uncompacted ground. I still have them and I don't use them unless I have no choice. The one advantage they had was they were fully waterproof up to the top.

cool, if you still have the box would you check to see if they're waterproof?

I'll have a root but I reckon it got chucked when I moved back

NakedDex wrote: »
    They may not be but, as I said, I'll have to check. They do have those leather seals on them a portion of the way up though.
    I've had Magnums in the past and I didn't find them particularly comfortable. They weren't great to run in and the traction was poor in any kind of wet, soggy or uncompacted ground. I still have them and I don't use them unless I have no choice. The one advantage they had was they were fully waterproof up to the top.

Funny there not known for their waterproofness, in fact none of the army lads wear them on tactics givem the choice their all going Haix but for dry conditions would have thought they were cheap, cheerfull, light and flexible. Alot of Gardai use them instead of the issue shoe/boot. Although I have to say mine are still band new in the box coz I wear the matterhorns for everything but im sure ill dig them out one of the days.

Cheep and cheerful yes, light and flexible no. They're grand for walking/marching but I wouldn't go near them for any kind of running or vaguley energetic activities. A few of my friends use them as parade boots and use Lowas when out in wet environs for anything active. A couple of them have a pair of Converse (not the Warriors) for dry weather activities as they're better ventilated.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

excellent link Dex been sold on the converse since talking to reaper from the ghosts ,
    and they look so damn cool

NakedDex wrote: »
    Cheep and cheerful yes, light and flexible no. They're grand for walking/marching but I wouldn't go near them for any kind of running or vaguley energetic activities. A few of my friends use them as parade boots and use Lowas when out in wet environs for anything active. A couple of them have a pair of Converse (not the Warriors) for dry weather activities as they're better ventilated.

Seems to be a tight race these days between Lowa, Hanwag and Haix with Meindl coming in behind them, although Meindl got the contract for the desert boot for Chad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement