Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishmongers in Dublin 15

Options
  • 21-01-2008 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Does anybody know if there is a good fish mongers in Dublin 15 area. I thought that the Fishmarket that was based in Smithfield moved to Dublin 15 last year but I haven't been able to find it. If anyone knows I would really appreciate it. Thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You'll probably get better results for such a specific enquiry in the Dublin 15 forum. Moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

There is a small fish shop in Smithfield - Kish Fish. I stock up in there instead of taking the long trip out to Howth harbour (though I could go to Wrights of Marino).

My mother tells me that the butchers in Roselawn Shopping Centre does fish but I've never checked it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Butchers in Roselawn sells fresh fish but you have to order a day in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

So does the butchers in Hartstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Old thread, I know, but sure I like to reduce, re-use and recycle.

Got a flyer through the door yesterday to say a fishmonger has opened up in the roselawn shopping centre.

Haven't had a look myself with will report back if I make it up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

quazzy wrote: »
    Old thread, I know, but sure I like to reduce, re-use and recycle.

Got a flyer through the door yesterday to say a fishmonger has opened up in the roselawn shopping centre.

Haven't had a look myself with will report back if I make it up there.

They are moving into the old "Joes Barbers" unit. Two doors from Gleesons.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭annfield1978

got a lovely bit of haddock from the new fishmonger

very helpful staff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I'd say it will do well considering there must be at least 100,000 people living in D15, I'm surprised there wasn't a dedicated fish shop previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Went up the other day and picked up some Ray and I said I'd try the scallops too - I don't normally buy scallops but I said I'd give them a shot.

Had Ray on Wednesday and Scallops yesterday - both were great imo.

Staff are nice and the range seem very good

FYI - they didn't have the credit card machine setup yet, he mentioned it will be coming in the next few days. ATM beside tesco got me sorted though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Opening hours are a problem for them, closing at six and no Sunday opening is cutting themselves out of a large section of the market imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement