Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A3 Alloys

• 21-01-2008 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

I bought a 05 Audi A3 3-Door at the weekend. Does anyone know somewhere reasonably priced in Dublin, that I could get a new set of 17 inch rims. I have looked at a few websites and they far more expensive than buying from the UK. Problem is that I want to see what the wheels look on the car before buying, don't want to buy from the net.:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Neilw

I have a set of 4 RS4 replica alloys for sale, they are 18" and will fit your car.
    All 4 will need to be refurbished and need tyres. Open to offers as they are just taking up space.

Neil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

RS4s will look good for sure but if you don't fancy these ones, don't go for 17" RS4s (just don't look right IMO). There are lots of websites that will show their alloys on a car in different sizes etc. tirerack.com is a good one for giving a few styles a demo but there are other sites too.

If this is your first piece of German Vermon, I will tell you that since OEM wheels for most German cars are very well tailored and usually quite impressive in their own right (compared to a lot of Jap cars especially), most Audis end up with OEM replicas. Most of the good OEM alloys are 18" though but a nice set of 17" BBSs will work well on an A3.

This kind of effect..http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/10650_VHTHRNZFPBZQC.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭poker-jacks

I have 18" RS8s on my car. Got them from UK through a site on ebay. Thery're class. My mate got the same ones too. I'll try put the link below. You can get them delivered to your door with 4 low profile tyres for between 700/800

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/wheelbase-direct (ebay site)

http://www.wheelbasedirect.co.uk/ (official site)

18-RS8-Audi-VW-Style-Alloy-Wheels-with-Tyres-199_W0QQitemZ170187102659QQihZ007QQcategoryZ9888QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I've used Dial-A-Tyre before and found them easy and cheap.
    www.dial-a-tyre.ie
    1850 201 550

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

...but be sure and compare replicas to the originals because sometimes they're not a 100% replica. I had RS6 reps before I got my BBSs and they were very close to just being a generic 5 spoke. The proportions and even some vital dimensions were really out..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

The newer a3 8p is 5x112 and takes a higher offset then the mk4 golf chassis cars ie leon mk1, a3 8l, golf etc. So even if your buying a second hand set that's double drilled check the offset. Et45 + is advised in an 18 on an 8p.

There are retailers in ireland that can match uk prices on replicas. You just need to do some research.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭pele10

VeVeX wrote: »
    The newer a3 8p is 5x112 and takes a higher offset then the mk4 golf chassis cars ie leon mk1, a3 8l, golf etc. So even if your buying a second hand set that's double drilled check the offset. Et45 + is advised in an 18 on an 8p.

There are retailers in ireland that can match uk prices on replicas. You just need to do some research.

That means nothing to me :D:D, but thanks for the help, I will check out all them sites.

Advertisement