Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will call tickets and ticketmaster

Options
  • 21-01-2008 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

Ok I have a friend of mine who has bought 4 tickets to Wrestlemania 24 in some football stadium in orlando USA. Now it turns out that he has a family wedding the same weekend so he and his family cant go. So heres the demila. Tickets were bought on ticketmaster usa and have to be collected at International will call at the venue. Now hes been on to ticketmaster.us and they wont post them to him. anyway is there any other options open to him like ticketexchange or has anyone came across this suitation before with international will call. is there a ticketmaster office here in ireland that he could get the tickets sent too from the usa office. There are $250 each face value and together. can any one help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

could he sell them on EBay and change the pick up name to whoever buys them?

he might have a job convincing people that its not a scam, but he could just let the bidding decide the price.

not perfect, but better than a kick in the head with a steel boot, as they say...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

If he paid by credit card he may be able to do a charge back. Best bet would be to ring his cc company. If he paid by laser he's fcuked, they have no cover.

There is a web site in the US for resale of tickets, which Tickermaster have a share off. He may be able to sell them on this, no idea what it's called. Was in the news recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Why would his credit company will do a chargeback? There is nothing wrong with the tickets, the OPs friend just had a change of plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Del2005 wrote: »
    If he paid by credit card he may be able to do a charge back. Best bet would be to ring his cc company. If he paid by laser he's fcuked, they have no cover.

There is a web site in the US for resale of tickets, which Tickermaster have a share off. He may be able to sell them on this, no idea what it's called. Was in the news recently

would he not have to have the tickets in hand to resell them. how would this charge back work.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Beano wrote: »
    Why would his credit company will do a chargeback? There is nothing wrong with the tickets, the OPs friend just had a change of plan.

It may not be possible to do a charge back, I said. A charge back is for when you give your CC details to someone and they don't provide the service but won't refund the money the CC company will take the money back from the vendor. He has bought and paid for something which he can't get and the vendor is doing nothing to help. If he rings the CC company and explains they may be able to do something for him. You have a lot more protection when you use your CC them most people think.

I've no idea if he can sell the tickets without having them in hand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Del2005 wrote: »
    It may not be possible to do a charge back, I said. A charge back is for when you give your CC details to someone and they don't provide the service but won't refund the money the CC company will take the money back from the vendor. He has bought and paid for something which he can't get and the vendor is doing nothing to help. If he rings the CC company and explains they may be able to do something for him. You have a lot more protection when you use your CC them most people think.

I've no idea if he can sell the tickets without having them in hand.

You actually said he may be able to but lets not get hung up on little technicalities like that. The company in question has provided the service the OP is just unable to avail of it so a chargeback is out of the question. If the OP does go looking for a chargeback and get its howewer please post the name of the credit card issuer and i'll switch to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭10-10-20

AFIK, this all comes down to the tickets being 'bearer instruments', hence being items of value, and Ticketmaster Ireland are then able to deny you a refund or replacement if you lose or do not intend on using the tickets.
    I think he needs to sell them and then change the name on them to get any financial return!

Advertisement