Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 60gb game compatability

Options
  • 21-01-2008 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have a ps3 60gb european version. I am going to New York on Wednesday and I want to buy some ps3 games over there.

Are US games compatible with the European version? Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Afaik, the PS3 is region free. Developers can lock them to a specific region, but they dont. Might be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Yep, any games you get over there will work fine.

No game is region locked, PS2 and 1 games are though.

PS3 games will be fine. Some blu ray disks (movies) are region locked so check before buying.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wouldn't touch one, little comback if it gets a fault, like the power goes out during updating, no guarantee of compatibility with all euro games and bluray discs, certainly no compatibility with pal DVDs, no compatibility with pal PS2 games despite hardware PS2 inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I wouldn't touch one, little comback if it gets a fault, like the power goes out during updating, no guarantee of compatibility with all euro games and bluray discs, certainly no compatibility with pal DVDs, no compatibility with pal PS2 games despite hardware PS2 inside.

OP already has a European PS3. He is asking about games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ah, then that would different, note to self; read opening post properly

Advertisement