Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Sales

Options
  • 21-01-2008 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Is it me or are all the sales team in dell trying to wreck people heads and dont speak very good english :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Moved from comp/tech

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

So far this isn't really a consumer issue. If you have a valid complaint, then make it. Otherwise I will close this thread in a while.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Wouldn't order off these again. Ordered an inspiron 1521 off them 28/11/07 and the expected date of delivery keeps on getting pushed back further and further, currently at 14/02/08. This was meant to be an xmas pressie and it's killing me to wait and give them the business, but it's what the lady wants. Meanwhile printer sits idle waiting for a friend.
    Customer care is the worst i have ever experienced. They can only tell me what i already can check myself online. Have been told numerous lies and caught them out many times and have the mails to prove it. They can't even tell me what the delay is and has cost me three days of work as you only find out there is a delay 24hrs before hand which is very annoying.
    They mailed the distributors the 16th and are just waiting to see what the hold up is and they do not see anything wrong with a delay so long in a reply:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

Matchthis, have you talked to a team leader or a supervisor ? I know Dell had a bad name a few years ago, but they have made massive improvements in there. I worked there for around 3 or 4 months, and my view of them changed for the better to be honest. I owuld never have touched them, but now, i would recommend them, and they have made a big push on customer services.
    But with all big companies i guess there will be a bad experience eventually.

As for the long wait, thats a bit of a pain, but certain models do tend to sell faster than they can build for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

has anyone one got an extension no for an Irish person in DEll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

I have bought 4 pc's off dell over the past 3 or 4 years and have never had any trouble at all. All the pc's are still in working order and I they're used every day too.

The website was plastered over xmas with disclaimers stating that delivery times would be long due to the huge demands; so I dont know what you have to complain about really.

You probably should've gone to dell outlet, they're dell pc's prebuilt and ready to ship!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

have you got a number of the person you were dealing with ?
    paulusdu wrote: »
    Matchthis, have you talked to a team leader or a supervisor ? I know Dell had a bad name a few years ago, but they have made massive improvements in there. I worked there for around 3 or 4 months, and my view of them changed for the better to be honest. I owuld never have touched them, but now, i would recommend them, and they have made a big push on customer services.
    But with all big companies i guess there will be a bad experience eventually.

As for the long wait, thats a bit of a pain, but certain models do tend to sell faster than they can build for some reason.

Advertisement