Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista - opening files attached to emails

• 21-01-2008 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭

I have a new laptop which uses Vista which i have never used before

i was trying to open a few attachments received by email which came across as e.g. doc files - i only have mircrosoft works it opens wordpad but all i can see is ÐÏࡱá etc

i have saved to disc as well and same things happens. what am i doing wrong

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You can buy a cheap laptop for less than the full retail price of microsoft office

plenty of free viewers / word processors out there
    get the word viewer or openoffice or abiword

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

You can buy a cheap laptop for less than the full retail price of microsoft office

plenty of free viewers / word processors out there
    get the word viewer or openoffice or abiword

it is a new laptop i have...

just having problem in opening word doc attachments which were sent by email think it might be the email server i'm using anyway i'm after purchasing microsoft office home 2007 they should open with this hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

what capt. midnight was saying is that vista doesn't come with a program to open .doc files, in fact no windows OS since 95 has.

your old pc must of had some sort of office on it to allow you to view the files.

anyways you've bought office, that will allow you to view the email .doc attachments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

thanks cremo, don't know much tech stuff in regard to vista etc

Advertisement