Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN prob wit central heat

Options
  • 21-01-2008 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

my heating is a gas baxi boiler. at the moment the heating needs to be switched on and off at the wall a couple of times before it will fire up.(seems you need to let the zone valve actuator to reset) other wise a warning flashing neon will come up( which says fault on pump or low pressure) (occurs even when pressure is fine).
    have had bord gais engineer out to service boiler(who says boiler is perfect) and plumber out, neither can explain this????? Anybody got a clue??
    cheers
    sween

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭youtheman

I've no experience of zoned systems, or actuated valves (on heating systems that is), only what I read from brochures. But I cannot see how it can be the valve as most of them are diverter valves, so one zone is always open. The boiler doesn't give a damn where the hot water is going (assuming it is going somewhere and the pump is not dead heading).

You seem to suggest it happens on start up only. In that case I would suggest that it maybe the ignition system (on the old type boiler you lit a pilot light and left it on permanently. On the newer systems its automatic, but you have a slightly more complicated system where the pilot solenoid is opened allowing gas in, the igniter makes a spark and the pilot light is on. But the system has to have the intelligence not to open the main gas inlet valve until there is confirmation that the pilot light is on).

I'd suggest you look up the manual, it might be on the Baxi web site, and this should give you a better idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sween

thanks youtheman. will do that. cheers

Advertisement