Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linda McCartney foods - still gone from Irish shops?

Options
  • 21-01-2008 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone seen the Linda range return to any shops? Can't even get it in health food shops atm, it's a joke :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I seen some in Sainsburys in Newry before Christmas. I got the sausages, they tasted like muck. Im sticking with Somix.

I thought since they were up there they'd be down here too...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Parnassia

My sister had some over Christmas - I'd say from either Dunnes or Tesco, but can't remember which! If I remember I'll ask her and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Smilerterry

They had the range (in the new boxes) in JC's in Swords over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Swords is too far for me...anyone seen it in town or D6?

Was in Dunnes Stephens Green today, they had Quorn products and their own brand veggie stuff (burgers, 'chicken' kievs, sausages).

:-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

I've seen them in health food shops but not supermarkets...

Got this reply to an enquiry I sent to the manufacturer:

"Thank you for your interest regarding the Linda McCartney range.

Unfortunately, we currently have no supplier within Ireland that sells Linda McCartney products although this is something we are actively working on and hope to be able to supply our products soon.

We are therefore, unable to provide further details at this time but please do not hesitate to contact us again in the future and we may be able to update you on the situation.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us and we hope we have been able to offer some assistance.

Should you have any further queries or feedback please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind regards"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Dunnes Stores Cornelscourt has Linda McCartney stuff, picked some up last night. Hav'nt seen it anywhere else though.. Maybe its back in or they are VERY slow at shifting stock??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Dunnes Stores Cornelscourt has Linda McCartney stuff, picked some up last night. Hav'nt seen it anywhere else though.. Maybe its back in or they are VERY slow at shifting stock??

Were they in the red Linda Mccartney packaging?

Saw Linda sausage rolls (in the new packaging) in the health food shop on Georges st today. But they only had the sausage rolls :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

i love those sausage rolls! What shop did you see them in?

I was talking to someone working in the evergreen food chain in galway and she was quite unhappy about how they have changed all the ingrediants and the food is much saltier.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

eth0_ wrote: »
    Saw Linda sausage rolls (in the new packaging) in the health food shop on Georges st today. But they only had the sausage rolls :(

Me want, they are gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

I miss Linda McCartney!! Those sausage rolls were scrum but soooo bold, is there not about 9grams of fat in one? Also loved the lasagne. Have to agree about the ingredients changing though, I got some up the North in Sainsburys & was shocked at the salt content :eek:

Down to earth on George's st in Dublin sells Linda McCarthy stuff. The have the sausage rolls in stock at the moment

Nature Boy wrote: »
    Down to earth on George's st in Dublin sells Linda McCarthy stuff. The have the sausage rolls in stock at the moment

Unfortunately that's all the stock, the sausage rolls or sausages.
    The entire range has so much more delicious stuff!

I was in Fallon & Byrne supermarket on Exchequer St today - they have the new range! They had sausages, lasagne, and a cheese/leek/red onion pastry plait thing.

They're pretty over-priced (4.50 or so each!) but at least they are available somewhere!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

They are meant to be very salty now.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

I miss the sundried tomato sausages.....

Anyone interested should contact Tesco/Superquinn/Dunnes to ask them to supply the range again. Tesco and Dunnes have come up with their own mock meats but they aren't as nice. If nobody asks they won't know LMC's are missed and won't bother replacing.

It's like restaurants - if we don't ask questions they will just keep supplying us with pasta in bland tomato sauce or cheese dishes which they don't know if they contain veggie cheese or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Parnassia

They've got some stuff in the Hopsack in Rathmines as well. Sausages, anyway, and a couple of other things (didn't pay too much attention as they looked 'cheesy'!)

Sausages taste much the same (they are a bit bigger now, though).

The cheese, leek and red onion plaits contain a horrific 460 calories and 16g fat each! I won't be buying them again - unless they're delicious, which I suspect they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭mountain

i love those sausage rolls! What shop did you see them in?

I was talking to someone working in the evergreen food chain in galway and she was quite unhappy about how they have changed all the ingrediants and the food is much saltier.

We had some sausages at home yesterday, (bangers and mash) god, was i thristy after the, must of been that extra salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I've seen the sausages and the lasagnes in Dunnes' Supermarket this week. The boxes looked a bit squashed around the edges so I don't know how long they've been sitting there?!

I wonder sometimes if it'd be worthwhile writing to the Linda McCartney/Quorn companies and asking them if there is anything *they* can do to increase the range here in the ROI? I was in Belfast recently and there was about 4x as much selection in the supermarket up there - the Linda McC pies I haven't seen in years down here, various quorn escalopes with mushrooms/garlic/spinach, quorn sausage rolls, pasties, even luncheon "meats" like stuffed turkey-style and ham-style slices. Its really frustrating when I go to Dunnes and see beat-up old boxes of frozen sausages as our only real option for frozen veggie food. If they can ship it to NI surely they can ship some to the ROI?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

vibrant wrote: »
    I wonder sometimes if it'd be worthwhile writing to the Linda McCartney/Quorn companies and asking them if there is anything *they* can do to increase the range here in the ROI?

i wrote to Quorn a few years ago after Iceland closed down to ask if they had any intention of increasing their product range in ROI and also would it be possible to purchase any of their items over the net. As i had a large number of veggie friends who would be interested in purchase they products which were unavaible in Ireland (mainly the Quorn Roast)

They told me there was no market for Quorn in ROI and they had no plans to extend the product range and they couldnt deliever as their food was frozen.

This was about 4 years ago but i have noticed they are starting increase the product range in tesco recently. I purchase a beef style pastry the other day which is lovely

PS I would love to get my hands on some Linda McCarthy deep filled country pies, if any knows anywhere selling them

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I got some of the country pies, I think in Tesco - but they changed the flavour of the sauce (gravy?) inside and I was very let down by them. The horror!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Doolie

I spotted some Country Pies in Fresh in Smithfield yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭che81

Donnybrook Fair on Baggot St have some of the stuff in stock: lasagne (haven't tried as I'm dairy free), chilli (was ok), sausages (very so so) sausage rolls (kind ok), country pies (currently in freezer, haven't tried) and they had some other cheese thing.
    I don't understand why they got rid of the sun dried tomato sausages. they wre the best things about the whole range.

Bought some of the sausage rolls yesterdayin Stillorgan, they had the sausages there too.
    About to eat the sausage rolls, mmmmmmm

che81 wrote: »
    I don't understand why they got rid of the sun dried tomato sausages. they wre the best things about the whole range.

Me neither. It's insane, it's like they want to fail...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭che81

exactly! i know that's all i was buying from the range before they changed over, and so were the rest of my family. mmmm in a sandwich..... such a pity.

have to stop being so lazy and make my own....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

che81 wrote: »
    exactly! i know that's all i was buying from the range before they changed over, and so were the rest of my family. mmmm in a sandwich..... such a pity.

have to stop being so lazy and make my own....:rolleyes:

Don't be shy with the recipe if you do...

Cauldron lincolnshire are very nice. Or if you're a vegan, the redwood lincolnshire are very good too (and better value).

Advertisement